Jacksons Chameleon?

Davinci

Hi everyone! I am ready to get my first chameleon and I want a jacksons chameleon, does anyone know where I can get one from a reputable breeder?

Agreed. Their care is different. Specifically they require a significant temperature drop at night that most of us Jackson’s keepers end up buying an AC unit just for our jack jack babies.

As you are looking let me know if you have any questions on care. I’ve got a Xanth myself and would be more than happy to be of support to you.

Depends on what specific type of Jackson's you are looking for. Have you found the correct husbandry guides for this species? They have different requirements than Veileds and Panthers.
Yes! I have the husbandry guides for trioceros jacksonii, which is the cham I would like :)

I'm not at the moment. The facebook groups may have some but @SteveH will know more about that.

A note about the temperature drop. I had to use a room AC rather than my HVAC system this year and it didn't do very well. You really need the control of a reliable whole house system for an effective night time drop.

I'm not at the moment. The facebook groups may have some but @SteveH will know more about that.

A note about the temperature drop. I had to use a room AC rather than my HVAC system this year and it didn't do very well. You really need the control of a reliable whole house system for an effective night time drop.
Mine does well in my basement, I close all the vents an hour before lights go off each night and have a room AC. Just a helpful tip to anyone wanting a Jacksons.

If you find some jacksonii jacksonii please let me know. But be careful on that Facebook group. Several people reached out to me to sell me a Jackson. But when I didn’t want to send them the money as a gift payment. And wanted to use a payment that provided buyer/seller protection such as PayPal. The conversation went south fast.

Sadly there are fewer and fewer reputable breeders with jacksons. There are a few on MorphMarket but one states wild caught, one I would not even recommend to my enemies and Kapital Reptiles I know nothing about.

Frams chams has a few captive bred Jackson’s. Can’t go wrong with Frams!

Absolutely do not buy a wild caught one or field collected one. They seem to croak every time.

Wait, I don’t think Frams sells Jackson, please be careful it’s not an imposter. They have panthers and occasionally veiled but not Jackson’s that I notice.
From time to time they do have them and right now they do. Just reach out to Brian on IG or FB

More importantly, they are captive bred which is hard to find lately

From time to time they do have them and right now they do. Just reach out to Brian on IG or FB

More importantly, they are captive bred which is hard to find lately
Awesome!!! I use the website for reference you have direct contact sweet! Thanks for clarifying 😊 they should advertise that lol

Back
Top Bottom