Just to confirm how crazy i am...

sdheli420

Avid Member
How many of you do the following:

when you come home:

Instantly go straight to your chams and check on them.

next:

have insects in your home you would never normally have unless you are living in a cardboard box

next: feed those insects more greens , salads, and basically more healthy eating things than you, yourself eat..

next: spend more time online researching chameleons, than anyting else more important in everyday life..

more can be added..im sure more crazeyness is possible..lol:D

Sigh... Unfortunately i am in the same boat as you. All i seem to want to do is watch mine, or look at picture/videos on here.

Speaking of which.. Isn't it about time for another Free range video from you ;)

Sigh... Unfortunately i am in the same boat as you. All i seem to want to do is watch mine, or look at picture/videos on here.

Speaking of which.. Isn't it about time for another Free range video from you ;)

hahaha, aww crap, put me on the spot..ya know i was just thinking of making another, but like more informative of what im using, temps, humidity, feeders, feeder food, supplements, blah blah blah..all the good stuff..maybe i will bust a small one out tomarrow..just hesitant to make long vids cause most people wont watch a 10 min vid...ok tomarrow new full free range vid, full info..new motivation..(nerd-ivation)lol

You spend your time thinking and talking about them and daydreaming on which one you're going to get next or what you're going to build next that your friends start to look at you funny. lol. Yes, I think I am too. :)

Click on chameleons forums at the top and then scroll down to where it says "Currect Active users online"...Your not alone buddy LOL :)

yep, definitely all the above...and more! i'll add a few things to my list:

1. suddenly sit bolt upright from a dead sleep not knowing why and anxiously wondering, "is he ok???"

2. spend hours, literally, just watching, monitoring, studying...ever-so-silently and furtively so as not to disturb...while time escapes and next thing i know, 2, 3, 4 hours have passed while it only seems like minutes to me.

3. loss of sleep and less interested in eating (me, not him)

4. when purchasing food, politely, but stubbornly insist on the exact size of only the choicest of crickets, roaches, worms (only the best of the best)...and kindly request they start over if not satisfied

5. believe in the myth that i can't leave the house for too long...because my chameleon needs me (when it's me who needs him).

6. spend countless extra $$$ on silly things, e.g. 'his very own' water, when it's no different than mine or any other of my pets' water.

7. sleep on the couch instead of in the bedroom...just to be physically closer...just in case (in case of what?? don't know!)

8. make excuses to friends/family for why i haven't returned emails or phone calls, or even turned off phone...and when they ask "what's going on, where have you been?"....i say, "just busy i guess."

9. skip out on prior commitments to stay home and be with the chameleon.

10. when away from home, obsessed with returning home.

ok, i'll admit i'm more worried than usual since i'm a new cham owner, plus i'm having some problems with my little guy who's not eating (going back to vet tomorrow). so, that accounts for maybe 5% of the above, the other 95% is fairly standard neurosis for me with my animals :p

Yeah now throw a 200g saltwater tank on top of your list and yeah it sounds about right haha yeah free range vid is due haha!

yep, definitely all the above...and more! i'll add a few things to my list:

1. suddenly sit bolt upright from a dead sleep not knowing why and anxiously wondering, "is he ok???"

2. spend hours, literally, just watching, monitoring, studying...ever-so-silently and furtively so as not to disturb...while time escapes and next thing i know, 2, 3, 4 hours have passed while it only seems like minutes to me.

3. loss of sleep and less interested in eating (me, not him)

4. when purchasing food, politely, but stubbornly insist on the exact size of only the choicest of crickets, roaches, worms (only the best of the best)...and kindly request they start over if not satisfied

5. believe in the myth that i can't leave the house for too long...because my chameleon needs me (when it's me who needs him).

6. spend countless extra $$$ on silly things, e.g. 'his very own' water, when it's no different than mine or any other of my pets' water.

7. sleep on the couch instead of in the bedroom...just to be physically closer...just in case (in case of what?? don't know!)

8. make excuses to friends/family for why i haven't returned emails or phone calls, or even turned off phone...and when they ask "what's going on, where have you been?"....i say, "just busy i guess."

9. skip out on prior commitments to stay home and be with the chameleon.

10. when away from home, obsessed with returning home.

ok, i'll admit i'm more worried than usual since i'm a new cham owner, plus i'm having some problems with my little guy who's not eating (going back to vet tomorrow). so, that accounts for maybe 5% of the above, the other 95% is fairly standard neurosis for me with my animals :p

haha 3, 5

and then number 7 is covered..they are at the foot of my bed..lol

I'll leave all the craziness to the significant other which yes he does do all of the above. Sometimes can be annoying but understandable since I love our chams too. :D

concur

People at work have already started asking me why im on this site all the time. I dont even have a cham right now. :( but on the 28th Remy is coming from Kammers!!!! Cant wait

its about night time chameleons!!:D:D

awwww...bedtime is my favorite time! i love when it's lights out time, my little Jango puts himself to bed and it's the cutest thing i've ever seen. he finds a spot, then backs up just a wee bit and bellies down. it's that backing up stuff to get comfortable that seriously just cutes me out completely. i get depressed if i miss that moment... (another crazy thing)

awwww...bedtime is my favorite time! i love when it's lights out time, my little Jango puts himself to bed and it's the cutest thing i've ever seen. he finds a spot, then backs up just a wee bit and bellies down. it's that backing up stuff to get comfortable that seriously just cutes me out completely. i get depressed if i miss that moment... (another crazy thing)

hahaha..i think we all know!!..i really do spoil mine, i think they really know too, they chase me down to hang out..that , in turn, forces me to love them even more!!! :D

hahaha..i think we all know!!..i really do spoil mine, i think they really know too, they chase me down to hang out..that , in turn, forces me to love them even more!!! :D

hahaha, i totally get that!! they have more than a sticky tongue, something about them really zaps our hearts...they appear and BAM, we're instantly stuck on them. all the subtelties, soooo many little things. i've barely just started, but i got chammed on day one...i'm his fly and he's my fly paper!

oh, and yes, they know, they know ;)

Back
Top Bottom