Just a checkup

Cawagula

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Male Veiled owned for 1 week
* Handling - Only when doing a full cage cleaning - once a week
* Feeding - Crickets gut loaded with flukers high calcium cricket food
* Supplements - Repti Calcium with and w/o D3 - reptivite reptile multivitamins. Dust just about every feeding w/o d3, every other week for D3 and Reptivite - not on the same day.
* Watering - Mist 2-3x a day at 3-5 mins each. Also have a dripper set up. I don't notice him drinking but urates are white.
* Fecal Description - Fecals are dark brown, urates are white. Never been tested for parasites
* History - Bought him from a pet store here in Jersey. They seemed to take great care of him, live plants, big tank, tank up high in the air to stay out of sight. He is captive bred, born in December so about 7 months old.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - 2X2X4 full aluminum screen cage
* Lighting - 32'' hood with a 24'' reptisun 5.0 bulb. Also have a clamp lamp with a 60w clear bulb in it for heat.
* Temperature - Need to buy a better temp/humid guage - though mine reads 87 basking - 80 floor. Lowest overnight is 75 and I check daily.
* Humidity - Again, need to buy a new one but it reads 82% on average. I mist and use a drip.
* Plants - Hibiscus plant, as well as washed branches I cut up for vertical climbing.
* Placement - In my room, no vents, I'm the only one in and out of the room about twice a day. It's on a table, highest point is about 6 foot in the air.
* Location - New Jersey

Current Problem - Just a checkup on my husbandry, the only thing that slightly worries me is he spends most of his time on his basking spot except when sleeping. I want to grab a new thermometer/humidity gauge to make sure it's not too cold for him. If anyone has a link to a good one link me up please :)
Also, this is the lamp I use for heat: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Is this okay or should I spring for something like this:
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...es/-/zoo-med-regular-black-ceramic-clip-lamp/

Your husbandry looks great man. Just check that temp and adjust accordingly. You seem to be all over it.

I have all my chameleons with a clamp lamp from Homie:)

If you are looking for a good humid gauge for your lizard cage, check out the ones offered by Cages By Design, www.cagesbydesign.com. In addition to making some of the best reptile cages in the industry, Cages By Design also sells a variety of reptile accessories. Everything they sell is great quality, so you’ll be getting the biggest bang for your buck.

If you are looking for a good humid gauge for your lizard cage, check out the ones offered by Cages By Design, www.cagesbydesign.com. In addition to making some of the best reptile cages in the industry, Cages By Design also sells a variety of reptile accessories. Everything they sell is great quality, so you’ll be getting the biggest bang for your buck.

If you have a Home Depot or Lowes nearby, they have some good ones in the garden section that run about $12. Get the digital with a probe.

So I think I discovered, if I don't refill my mist bottle with warm water, not luke warm but really warm about 80-85% and spray the tank he will continue to roam the tank. If the water is too cold when I spray I guess it's a cold humidity in the tank thus why he'll stay up top near the basking light to keep warm.

Back
Top Bottom