Is this normal?

What? Settle down, mate, that wasn't my point. I was just perpetuating the point that as a new cham keeper hosting a chameleon with MBD, he should be focusing on getting the right cage, lights, and correctly feeding crickets in the first place instead of raising a snail colony, which frankly would be no help at all if his chameleon is too sick to consume them.

Right well, for one, crickets are terrible feeders and the last thing a cham with MBD should be eating. They have a 1/19 C/P ratio.

That said, his lighting is seemingly fine. He needs a new vet. And I think he said he hasn't had this Cham long? Likely already had MBD.

And I am calm lol.

The small Reptibreeze has dimensions of 16x16x20. That's a volume of 5,120 square inches.

The required minimum size cage for a veiled of yours' age is 24x24x48, a volume of 27,648 square inches.

You are subjecting your animal to nearly unlivable conditions. He has less than 20% of the space that he needs. When not a single member agrees with you and you are completely new to chameleons, maybe just maybe consider listening to the people with decades of combined experience. If you think 20% of the recommended space is acceptable, then it sounds like pets are not for you.
No yeah i’ll definetely will uprade it when he became a little bigger maybe in 3 more months

Relax, he will be fine

Not if you don't get him to a competent vet, today he won't.

You also we're not very specific about the lights.

What kind of light is it, They make alot of lights, and call them all that. Is it a CFL (a coiled light bulb) is it a Flo tube bulb? How old is it.

No yeah i’ll definetely will uprade it when he became a little bigger maybe in 3 more months

You know that we can see the size of your chameleon right? He's in your profile picture. He needs the full size cage yesterday. If you don't care enough about him to treat him well, then you go ahead and do whatever you want, but I don't understand why you are coming here seeking advice and then completely ignoring us

Relax, he will be fine
He doesn’t look fine. If you don’t like our advice, research male veiled care more and it will be the same. Get your husbandry corrected, a variety of better feeders, and a new exotics vet, then once all of that is set into motion and you’ve seen improvement, that’s when you might be able to tell us it’ll be fine.

You know that we can see the size of your chameleon right? He's in your profile picture. He needs the full size cage yesterday. If you don't care enough about him to treat him well, then you go ahead and do whatever you want, but I don't understand why you are coming here seeking advice and then completely ignoring us
Yeah but he looks way bigger on picture, whenever in get home i’ll show you his wonderful enclosure

No you said, the vet said "He has very very little MBD) he has much more than Very very little MBD.

So either you didn't take him, or the vet is incompetent, either way he needs to see another vet today.
It's very possible there isn't another vet around....depending on his location.

He doesn’t look fine. If you don’t like our advice, research male veiled care more and it will be the same. Get your husbandry corrected, a variety of better feeders, and a new exotics vet, then once all of that is set into motion and you’ve seen improvement, that’s when you might be able to tell us it’ll be fine.
I never said i dont like your advise

It's very possible there isn't another vet around....depending on his location.

Then he needs to find one within reasonable range.

Saying there is no vet is not an option!

This is the problem with 50 dollar Chameleons. You would think I would have learned my lesson posting in vieled threads lol.

Then he needs to find one within reasonable range.

Saying there is no vet is not an option!

This is the problem with 50 dollar Chameleons. You would think I would have learned my lesson posting in vieled threads lol.
Some cities legitimately do not have exotic vets within reasonable range. Additionally I doubt this is all his fault, it seems he was misinformed from the start. Bombarding him with crude comments probably isn't doing him any good, neither is repeating that he's ignorant and isn't listening, I'm sure he can read..

Okay let's start with this, can you take a picture of the chameleon right now. Or even better video, where is he what is he doing currently.

Back
Top Bottom