Is this branch safe?

Okay so I took this branch off of my tree outside. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is to be entirely honest but it grows red maple-leaf-like leaves during bloom. It's small and has remained small for years! I'd say no taller then 9 ft. We've had some hectic wind and this branch was one of the many that got stripped from the tree. There is some moss on it but I've soaked it in very hot water and tried scrubbing off what I can. I thought it would look great in my set-up with my veiled chameleon and ad more climbing branches for him to roam. What do you guys think? Is it safe?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 290
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 204
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 217
When in doubt throw it in the oven and bake it. Other than that i wash mine in very deluted bleach, then i spray them with very salty water. Over time the salt will wash off, but by that time it has done its job.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing like "unsafe branch", as long as you sterizile it.

I'd bake it just to make sure. Just put it in the oven on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on your cham because sometimes they like to eat the branches for some reason. Could be harmful. I've had chameleons eat them, and i've had chameleons pay no attention.

Thanks everyone! I baked it like you all recommended but it got a bit sappy so I'm letting it dry out in the sun. If it's still sticky I'll toss it, but if it dries up I'll figure out a way to incorporate it into the enclosure :)

Back
Top Bottom