Is this a male or female Verrucosus

FFSTRescue

I am getting her from LLL and they sent a picture because I really need her to be a female, so can anyone tell me that she is 100% female so I don't end up with another male? Thanks :)

Attachments

• verrucosus_femle.jpg
    verrucosus_femle.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 174
  • verru_female.jpg
    verru_female.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 137
  • verru_female_vent.jpg
    verru_female_vent.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 196
I have no clue of the age and I'm sure LLL doesn't either, this is the one they are sending me in hopes that it is a female... I think they may have difficulty in sexing them. It could still be young for all I know and it also looks to have some green on the neck and I need to know if females get that. They are shipping it out Tuesday, so I need to find out exactly what the sex is by our verrucosus experts before then so I don't have to sell another one.

Last edited:
50/50 At the age I'm guessing it is, they can be a little tricky to sex. I can't tell from those pictures. Female usually have a red hue/tint in areas of body, while the males are more grayish in those same areas. At first glance picture #1 looks like a male to me. But if LLL is pulling this animal from a group of them the appearance between the sexes may be more noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom