Is RO/DI water OK ?

BillB

I have a RO/DI filter I use for my Discus fish tank.
I have to add electrolytes back into the water for the fish - do I need to do the same for a panther cham?
I have a mist king and they say to use RO water but don't say anything about De ionization

I use RO water and I do not add anything. I've never heard of anyone adding anything to the water but maybe a senior member will chime in.

How much water do people go through on their misting systems?

No way to predict, as everyone's setup, climate, humidity pattern, etc will vary. If you run a misting system off a 5 gallon bucket type reservoir you'll soon figure out how often you need to refill it.

I use RO filtered water for all my herps and birds. Really helps keep foggers and misting systems clean and doesn't create hard water deposit buildup. Don't add anything back into it, and if you are gutloading and dusting correctly the mineral content shouldn't be a concern. Even if you were using distilled water only your supplement dusting should provide minerals.

The mistking pump says flow rate of 0.55L per minute. So would it actually use that much or is that the rate it would be if there wasn't a mist nozzle attached?

Back
Top Bottom