Is it a male or a female?

Mine loves flies, moths, meal worms. Just make sure they're not wild caught bc i gave spunky a moth from outside the other day and she started shaking really weirdly. When the bugs are wild caught, you have to worry about where they've been and pesticides. If you are a new owner, listen to the tips and advice from the people on here. They seriously know what they are talking about. Look up https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/ it's really helpful! :)

That cham is past the fruit fly stage. A fruit fly has very little nutritional value also. Better options are: houseflys, small silkworms or hornworms, small supers, blue bottle flies. You can get bb flies or houseflies from mantisplace.com. You can get silks or horns from mulberry farms. Try some of those esp the green horns and I bet he starts eatting.

How long

I know this is a dumb question, but how long do chameleons live without eating, because I think he still isn't used to his new house, and i'm not going to feed him for like 2 or 3 days.:confused:

from what i hear a they can go a little while but they will allways need water i would offer food but if it still isnt eating dont leave the food in the cage at night.

OrionMyChameleon,

Hey...honestly I think a picture of the enclosure could be helpful. Chameleons don't eat for many reasons and if they aren't eating then thats not good. From just the couple pictures it doesn't look like you have a great basking spot and if not they won't eat because they bask to not only take in D3 but to take in the heat which helps their digestion. So if you could take a couple pics of the enclosure we may be able to give you some pointers that will spark your cham's appetite...and yea it definitely needs more than FFs.

Chris

ps. Looks like a girl.

Cage Pics

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Do you guys know if females have blue or red bars because mines does, and whenever I go on the internet I never see the females having bars, just circles on them?

I think you got yourself a male. There appears to be a slight bulge at the base of his tail. I could be wrong. Enjoy your cham either way! They are terrific creatures!

its a girl, and the "bulge" you see is the cloaca/anus, not the real bulge, because the real bulge is after the "anus" right under the tail base area.

some girls can have color too, once it matures you will see the how she is:)

Back
Top Bottom