Interesting D3 use by iberian rock lizards..

After reading the camouflage article I thought I would respond to this one. I find this article very very interesting. It makes me think about all of those reps that people don't give uvb light but provide D3. Our animals need uvb whether they are diurnal or nocturnal. They are exposed to the sun sometime in the day in their natural habitat, why not provide that into addition to D3.

I remember reading on a different forum for Leachies, that someone took their leachie out in to sunlight and had never seen him fire up so well and the owner was convinced on providing uvb after. And they are nocturnal!

Another rep that I have been heavily researching is BTS and uvb can or cannot be provided. I really can't wrap my head around this. They are diurnal. Why wouldn't you provide that. I really don't think D3 is going to do enough for them (take that from a northwesterner that enjoys her summer).

These animals are finding nutrients that are high in D3 and they get the sun all day long. The majority of us don't know what our reptiles eat in the wild or what THEIR prey eats or what THEIR prey eats or; how much time they all spend out in the sun. We try to provide the best nutritients we know to provide. Articles like this are enlightening for us reptile folks in providing the best domestic care that we can.

I always had uvb lights on my leopard gecko cages. I figured they'd know whether to be in the UVB or not. Never seemed to hurt them....they always reproduced...except for Sheba...she was a hot (incubated) female and wouldn't even mate with a male.

Even my leaf-tailed geckos had uvb.

Back
Top Bottom