I'm going to Maui (and I'm going to go chameleon hunting)

And I like to think I see most things that go on around here.......but I missed this until today! lol
Congratulations man, and have a good trip :D

Have an awesome time!

Absolutely and thanks!

Please have a safe and wonderful trip! Best of luck on your quest!!!

Count on it!

And I like to think I see most things that go on around here.......but I missed this until today! lol
Congratulations man, and have a good trip :D

Thanks.

Pay attention around the coffee farms as that's where I have spotted the majority of them.

I'm going to thanks for the tip!

Be sure to have as much fun as possible, there are some great nude beaches there...

HAYOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!;):cool::D

HAVE A BLAST JEREMY!!!!!! Take alot pics.....of the chams;)

Sorry I couldn't make it to your Graduation Ceremony but Congrats to the achievement!!! :D:)

Be sure to have as much fun as possible, there are some great nude beaches there...

No this is going to be a family trip. Just me the bro and my god parents. We're going to have a great time though.

HAYOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!;):cool::D

HAVE A BLAST JEREMY!!!!!! Take alot pics.....of the chams;)

Sorry I couldn't make it to your Graduation Ceremony but Congrats to the achievement!!! :D:)

Absolutely. Thanks graduation is an accomplishment grad school is an even bigger one. I was expecting a call from you I was going to show the two Parsonii to you before I moved out. The graduation ceremony was amazing out of 850 graduates I was #1 across the podium. The after ceremony was great too.

Last edited:
No this is going to be a family trip. Just me the bro and my god parents. We're going to have a great time though.

Absolutely. Thanks graduation is an accomplishment grad school is an even bigger one. I was expecting a call from you I was going to show two Parsonii to you before I moved out. The graduation ceremony was amazing out of 850 graduates I was #1 across the podium. The after ceremony was great too.

Hey, its fun for the whole family....

...and hey, good job my man, good job...outstanding is of course, the way to be. ;)

Hey, its fun for the whole family....

...and hey, good job my man, good job...outstanding is of course, the way to be. ;)

My brother and I are going to a bar or two:D. If we happen across bar or party on the beach its happening. I would not mind long boarding. I have not gone surfing in almost two decades. This is mostly a family trip though.

I love Hawaii! You're going to have a blast. Hope you find some chams! I couldn't find any on Oahu, but the rest of the family wasn't too interested so I couldn't look very long. Congrats on graduating!

Just arrived at my god parents house and allegedly there are Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus on my god parents rental property that they are living in while they build their main house. My brother and I did a quick walk of the grounds and in about five minutes and found 7 Cane Toads (Bufo marinus) and some barking gecko's we have not ID yet.

Just arrived at my god parents house and allegedly there are Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus on my god parents rental property that they are living in while they build their main house. My brother and I did a quick walk of the grounds and in about five minutes and found 7 Cane Toads (Bufo marinus) and some barking gecko's we have not ID yet.

If I wasn't feeling so stupidly smug typing this while Dr. Adele Lloyd takes the register I would say I was jealous.....but despite it being cloudy and grey and drizzly and the fact that there really aren't many wild reptiles in my country I'm pretty happy where I am. I hope you get your Jacksons! Best of luck :D

Be sure to dive or snorkel molokini crater.

Just some herping tidbits as Kent mentioned there are some species of Phelsuma in Hawaii, the Orange-spotted Day Gecko (Phelsuma guimbeaui), Gold Dust Day Gecko, (Phelsuma laticauda laticauda), and Madagascar Giant Day Gecko, (Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis) from some fast researsh.

The Gold Dust Day Gecko and the Madagascar Giant Day Gecko's are of coarse native to Madagascar. While the Orange Spotted Day Gecko is native to the island of Mauritius (another tidbit the island that was home to the Dodo Bird (Raphus cucullatus)). It seems that only the Gold Dust Day Gecko is found on Maui.

No new reptiles or amphibians however we did some whale watching today. We had a female Humpback Whale (Megaptera novaeangliae)and calf swim up to and around our whale watching boat for an hour. Then for the second half of whale watching we watched seven bull Humpbacks chase a female for about forty five minutes ("Bull Run"). As well we had a Humpback swimming three hundred meters from the beach!! It was a great day.

Jeremy A. Rich

Sounds great!! Have a great time. I saw some Grandis and what I think were guimbeaui when on Kauai last time. Never found any Chameleons on either Kauai or Oahu and not for a lack of looking ;) It sure is a GREAT place to be!!

was just in maui about a month ago -- humpbacks breaching everywhere. if you swim out just past where the waves break from pretty much any beach facing west/southwest, you can dive down ~6 feet and hear the whale songs. not at all chameleon related, but pretty neat and something you can only do certain parts of the year (march may be tail end of the period before they swim north to eat).

We went on a tip from a local to upper Kula looking for about forty five minutes (including driving more about two hours) for Jacksons Chameleons and had no luck yesterday. Then while we had dinner at the resort that was in upper Kula, the management said in their botanical gardens that there were Jacksons Chameleons however you really had to look for them. My brother and I went through the entire garden and could not locate any however we had a great dinner.

Here's a little Madagascar gem we found outside of the home that we are staying in this morning. As well we found two Jacksons chameleons Yesterday. I posted and documented those observations in th field observations sections sub forums.

IMG_1272_zpsddfb660d.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom