Identify Jacksons sub-species

ChameleonFan

I have a 9 month male Jacksons Chameleon and would like to get a female for him, but I also want to make sure that I get the same species. Is there any way to really know what I have and what I would be getting? Any help on this subject would be appreaciated.

Here is a pic

Here is a picture of him taken today. He was not to eager to get his pic taken.

Attachments

• Jack 9mnths2.JPG
    Jack 9mnths2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 177
Spec's

He measures about 9" from tip of horn to tip of tail, 4" body.

Attachments

• Jack 9mnths.JPG
    Jack 9mnths.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 143
Jacksonii Jacksonii

the main areas to look at are the scalation yours is very bumpy this signifies Jacksonii Jacksonii to me as well as the spines on the back they look more like a Jacksonii Jacksonii it is definatly not a meru they are quite small. The horn size is different too yours looks like it will have a very thick main horn i find Jacksonii Jacksonii have this. Just my opinion thougth

I went to the FLChams link you provided and don't see that pic but it also looks like a male xantholophus as the dorsal crest is much larger than a j.j. should be.
This is the pic I see from Mike representing j.j.:
Jax%20Jax%20Female.jpg

Here's a pic of one of my j.j. females where you can really see the difference in the dorsal crest:
29007young_female2.jpg

I would say male due to the bulge at the base of the tail, and more than likely he is xantholophus due to the availability factor. Who did you purchase it from and how much did you pay? That may also determine what it is. Jacksonii jacksonii will be quite a bit more expensive than Jacksonii xantholophus. You may have to wait until he is a little older and more mature to determine, just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom