PLEASE HELP

My male jackson chameleon had head spasms at my female chameleon! He also got scared of his food and would not eat, they said he wants to mate but now hes scared of her what do i do?

Hi and welcome. :) With much kindness and love, I would advise for you to not mate them at this time. Raising baby chameleons is not at all easy and is best to be done after gaining much more experience and knowledge about not just your chameleons, but breeding them. Without those things, I fear you would be headed for heartbreak and the babies would have lower chances for survival. Baby chameleons are very fragile and even the slightest error can result in losing them. Often, even with the very best care by experienced breeders, some do not survive. Enjoy your beautiful chameleons and continue to learn all that you can about them and everything related to them. Speak to some who have bred them and raised babies successfully. Keep asking questions and staying active in current posts here, even if they don’t relate to you or your situation. Look through the forum archives using the search feature. Utilize chameleon academy and all of the amazing information there, including the podcasts and just keep learning. Most important though - we love seeing pics of each other’s chameleons. ;)

My male jackson chameleon had head spasms at my female chameleon! He also got scared of his food and would not eat, they said he wants to mate but now hes scared of her what do i do?
Hi, I completely agree with @MissSkittles and would like to add that jacksons are easier to suffer from stress. If your pair are housed together or housed separately but can see each other I highly recommend separating them or move your enclosures so they can't see each other.
My jackson chameleons are seprate and cab=nt see each other,

Yeah I agree with comments from the other members.
But to answer your question, the head 'spasm' is his mating ritual. I guess that's chameleon flirting along with firing up and displaying best coloration and biggest size.
But just because he's ready doesn't mean she will be. Alot goes unto the right moment the magic happens, n if she's not receptive she can hurt him, bite him and both can become extremely stressed out, which is super bad for their health.
My advise is study study study. Everything you can track down from Bill Strand from chameleon academy, ofcourse here on the forum and from reputable breeders.

My male chameleon is at it again, Fiona, my female chameleon did not hesitate to hiss or run she just stared at him, Meanwhile Shrek my male chameleon was doing his head spasms, he was very far away from Fiona but he got closer and closer. I was making food while this happened and my camera recorded it all.

My male chameleon is at it again, Fiona, my female chameleon did not hesitate to hiss or run she just stared at him, Meanwhile Shrek my male chameleon was doing his head spasms, he was very far away from Fiona but he got closer and closer. I was making food while this happened and my camera recorded it all.
How are they able to see each other though? They should not ever be able to see one another. Or you are going to trigger mating instincts for them both. Not to mention cause a lot of stress to them. Females when not receptive to a male do not want to be messed with by one.

They should not ever be able to see one another.
Going more in to depth for @Beman. They really shouldn’t be able to see each other at all. Are you planning on mating your chameleons, I advise you don’t do this, even if you are if the female isn’t showing interest it’s time to block off the view of each other completely.

Back
Top Bottom