I talk to my chameleons, even though they can't hear me

ChamChick

Yeah, I do, and I doubt I'm the only one. Don't plan on stopping either. :D

Caught myself doing it today during feeding time, and thought I would share, and see who else does too. :)

I do it all the time. I explain to him what I'm doing, when he's going to get fed, stuff like that. I also compliment him repeatedly on his ability to hide right in front of my nose.

I do it all the time. I explain to him what I'm doing, when he's going to get fed, stuff like that. I also compliment him repeatedly on his ability to hide right in front of my nose.

HAHA isn't that the truth... "Where are you.....hmmmm....WHERE ARE YOU....getting nervous....OH...THERE you are, looking like a stick, 5 inches from my face....GOOD JOB"!

Yep me too... I talk to everyone single one of them birds, dogs, cats, cham everyone... From the time they wake to the time they go to bed....

I talk to mine sometimes, haha. But, yeah they sure are good at hiding. I'm pretty sure they can hear you, just not understand lol.

Yeah I would imagine that everyone here talks to theirs as well. I suppose it is just human nature....if you love something, ya gotta talk to it! :D

Haha I can only imagine what they think." Don't know what the hell you are jabbering on about just feed me and leave me alone!"

i talk to mine too. funny story, last summer i was out fishing with my GF and she was up at the front of the boat fishing and i could kinda hear here talking so i turn down the music and hear her quietly trying to explain to the worm that he had to go on the hook and she was sorry. i laugh every time i think about it.

Growing up my father used to tell us about a study they did when he was attending university where they took 2 groups of plants and in the first group the plants were spoken to and told they were loved and they were looking so good and were wonderful, etc. The second group the plants were spoken to and told they were ugly, awful, bad, etc. The tone of the voice and emotional intention in the mind was appropriate in both groups to the comments (loving in the first group, loathing in the second)The results- the plants that were spoken to lovingly actually grew towards the place the person speaking to them walked when speaking with them. The loathed plants grew more slowly and actually grew away from the place where the person speaking to them walked back and forth.

I couldn't find this study when searching the web just now but did find references to studies where classical music made them grow faster than normal and rock made them grow slower than normal, and another study where plants spoken to by women grew faster than plants spoken to by men- in fact some spoken to by men grew slower than those not spoken to at all. LOL.

Anyway point is- if intention and speaking can effect plants which can't hear and don't have brains, surely it is possible that it can effect lizards who can't hear it as well.

I talk to mine too.
:)

i talk to mine too. funny story, last summer i was out fishing with my GF and she was up at the front of the boat fishing and i could kinda hear here talking so i turn down the music and hear her quietly trying to explain to the worm that he had to go on the hook and she was sorry. i laugh every time i think about it.

HAHAHA That is fantastic! Sounds like something I would do. I don't talk to the crickets though, bc they stink, and it annoys me :rolleyes:

Yeah, I do, and I doubt I'm the only one. Don't plan on stopping either. :D

Caught myself doing it today during feeding time, and thought I would share, and see who else does too. :)

i was doing it to the cam at work experience today , looked at me like i was an idiot :L haha but yea , i see nothing wrong with it , its natural :D ha

I talk to them as well, using the same theory behind it as the experiments that Flux just mentioned. Creatures read the energy we're projecting much more than we do, so at the very least while you're speaking gently to an animal you're handling, the energy you're sending off is going to be gentle and unthreatening. So even if they can't hear you, they can probably feel what you're feeling around them.

I talk a lot now to Charlotte, who needs a lot of special care and occasional prodding, and I'd like to think that a gentle tone/energy makes the process less terrifying to her.

Yip i talk to my two all the time, i talk to all my animals actually. Sadly for them my mum sings to my chameleons which i now think thats why my oldest one hates my mother with a passion cause she's had to put up with her awful singing for over a year, lol. The other one has only had a month of it. lol :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom