I talk to my chameleons, even though they can't hear me

I just read Steve Jobs the current Apple stock, and whatever is new on the Apple frontpage...

...I really don't know why his name is Steve. He got named during a nap session with the boyfriend.

I'm not totally convinced they are completely deaf. They do producing a hissing sound when they come in contact with each other. Deaf humans only seem able to speak if they have become deaf after learning to talk. Giraffes and elephants make sounds that we can't hear that are almost vibrations. Im never convinced that we know everything about an animal.

I would imagine the Chameleon has a primitive receptor that picks up some sound even if it is converted vibration. Like beethoven. So don't speak to your chameleons, play them some fur elise

Oh and im a vet assistant and i find at work talking to the animals really helps them relax and not get so stressed. So although some ppl might think we are crackers it does work.

How cute :) I do this to my animals also. It's always weird when you hear other people doing it, I always think they're crazy until I realize that I am one of those people as well haha.

I just read Steve Jobs the current Apple stock, and whatever is new on the Apple frontpage...

...I really don't know why his name is Steve. He got named during a nap session with the boyfriend.

Total non sequitur...

I talk to the door and stare at the wall, does that put me in the same loony level as you all?...;)

heeheeheehee this is so funny,i love this place,i always learn something new everyday and get a giigle too:D us cham lovers are a strange bunch,but lets not tell anyone !:D

Last edited:
My husband always walks up to Sayid's gave and make like clicking noises, and says "Hi Mr. Mr." and I alays go..."He can't hear you"....then I walk up to the gave and say " Hi handsome fella, you doing ok today?" I talk to him all the time....I am just waiting to see if my husband catches on so he can reply with "he doesn't hear you, duh!!":p
And side note this is one of my favorite threads!!!:D

This is a great thread, I talk to myself all the time along with all my other animals, I also have a tendancy to talk to my cars and tools as well (especially when I am looking for them). Its always funny when my customers catch me, I usually just say Im trying to make sure it makes sense....lol, I should probably seek some form of medical attention and be put on a subscription....

I not only talk to mine but I go in after they go to sleep and check where they are sleeping them tell each one how nice the look sleeping and it have a good sleep.:)

I not only talk to mine but I go in after they go to sleep and check where they are sleeping them tell each one how nice the look sleeping and it have a good sleep.:)

haha Laurie every night since Camos accident before i gotot bed ( hes long a sleep ) i have told him that he is a trooper and to have a good sleep and i love him. if i forget i will acctually get out of bed and go down to tell him.
seem to be working tho LOL:D

Back
Top Bottom