I have baby werneri!!!!

JimO

Established Member
I was very excited to wake up and find these little guys all over my female T. werneri enclosure today. So far I've found 18, with a couple of those still working their way out of the membrane. I've been told that the stress of capture, transportation, and adjusting to captivity makes for weak offspring, so I am hoping for the best. If you have any advice, I welcome it!

Werneri neonate 08-21-13a.JPG

Werneri neonate 08-21-13b.JPG

Werneri neonate 08-21-13d.JPG

Werneri neonate 08-21-13e.JPG

Werneri neonate 08-21-13f.jpg

Congrats!
A had two nests this year 34 in total,a good advice don't keep them to warm,a very drop at night and humid spray 3 to 4 times a day they love it ;)
I lost just 2 on the whole group so they aren't very difficult.
Success with them:)

Congratulations! I’ll echo the same things that have been said here already; cool and humid and they are born eating so make sure you have plenty little bugs.

Keep us posted on their progress.

Cheers,
Trace

Those are some cool looking babies. Do you have pics of the mom you could post?
Im sure they are in another thread, Ill go look for them :)

Thanks everyone. Cool and humid. They are kept indoors with ambients temps between 72F and 75F. The problem is that the air is dry, so for the time being I have them in a setup I was going to use for some pygmies, but I'm sure that doesn't provide enough ventilation. Tomorrow I'm going to assemble a new DIY enclosure I recently purchased, fill it with suitable live plants and make sure it's misted at least 3 times a day.

I have lots of dart frogs, so the small feeders aren't a problem.

I've heard conflicting advice on supplementation. I've been advised not to supplement the babies until they are several months old due to the risks associated with over-supplementation, but others raise the concern of MBD. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

mineral indoor from sticky tongue farms is safe to give (once a week),no synthetic vitamins kidneys and liver will be destroyed.
Better to gut load your feeder insects with organic fruit an vegetables .

I was kinda wonder, babies should be feed with fruitflies but what do you gutlod fruitflies with?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom