I found these eggs

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
I dug up 8 of them by accident while gardening any possible idea on what they are based off the size?

I'm guessing agama eggs.

0911201320.jpg

I have them buried in a cage since the nest and it's camouflage is destroyed.

Im keeping them outdoors in a 100% shaded area. Any added advice is appreciated.

0911201405.jpg

Wow I just googled them. I did not know they were an invasive species there. They get to be a decent size too. The males are quite beautiful.

Wow I just googled them. I did not know they were an invasive species there. They get to be a decent size too. The males are quite beautiful.

Yeah they are stunning, im unsure on their personality though, since the wild ones are very difficult to even approach.
IMG_20180718_073420.jpg
IMG_20180718_073444.jpg
IMG_20180616_132228.jpg

IMG_20180718_073325.jpg

Last edited:
wow! Yeah I was reading about them... Apparently they will live in groups of 1 male to multiple females. The males fight for territory and the ladies. lol go figure.

Where are you moving?

In a month, to the frozen war zone of Minnesota. :/

I've also read that males will actually tolerate other males if they show submission to the leader.(And not try to mate with or show interest in the females)

Ive witnessed this in the wild as well, granted no idea how that will translate into captivity. Of all the lizards I've seen, these guys tend to be more "sociable" doing best in groups.
0119201033a.jpg

1124191122a_HDR~2.jpg

Here's a "family group" mainly females and juvies(of both sexes), the males were already out for the day.

They would all gather together at night time and in the morning after the dominant males left the rest would follow.

Last edited:
In a month, to the frozen war zone of Minnesota. :/

I've also read that males will actually tolerate other males if they show submission to the leader.(And not try to mate with or show interest in the females)

Ive witnessed this in the wild as well, granted no idea how that will translate into captivity. Of all the lizards I've seen, these guys tend to be more "sociable" doing best in groups.
View attachment 279539
View attachment 279541
Here's a "family group" mainly females and juvies(of both sexes), the males were already out for the day.

They would all gather together at night time and in the morning after the dominant males left the rest would follow.
ewwww Minnesota.... well talk about a total adjustment for you. Good luck with your move.
If you do not know about it Arcadia has a lighting function to see what the best UVI level for your species is. Here is the link to it https://www.arcadiareptile.com/lighting/guide/ Type in the red headed agama and it pulls their info up. :)

They are a very interesting species. It will be cool to see what you come up with for housing them.

I've lost nearly everything, fire ants found my enclosure and have killed nearly everything.

I've tried to save what I could, I only have 2 agama left, and they are in a serious state.

I'm also not doing well, since I've taken many, many stings trying to rescue the animals.

I've lost nearly everything, fire ants found my enclosure and have killed nearly everything.

I've tried to save what I could, I only have 2 agama left, and they are in a serious state.

I'm also not doing well, since I've taken many, many stings trying to rescue the animals.
I am sooooo sorry to hear about this. I really hope they pull through. You might try taking benadryl for yourself. I happen to be allergic to most stings and this is what I have to do to counteract it. I really hope you feel better soon.

2 of the agamas have made it through the night, but they are in serious condition. They are alert but have difficulty moving, their weight is good as well so they can hopefully go a few days without eating.

2 out of 8 total what a loss.

Still I suppose I should be grateful that 2 will possibly recover.i

I like to consider myself a competent reptile keeper, but circumstances seem to be trying to disprove that notion.

Back
Top Bottom