I found these eggs

Well I've redone the curly tail enclosure as promised.

1124201606.jpg

I have a creeping weed,(Found near the Florida parking lot.) that's near death so it looks horrible, three ferns around the cave, one ficus tree and hopefully a vine assuming it recovers.

Two of the curly tails promptly burrowed, and one is in shed, so perfect timing.
1124201627b.jpg

I've converted the cave into a shed box, it has a bunch of sphagnum moss to keep humidity higher than normal to assist with shedding.

1124201605a.jpg

I've also added a real large rock, which should help retain high basking temps.

1124201607~2.jpg

1124201607.jpg

Finally the two agamas, the darker one is a female, and the lone fire ant attack survivor, next to her near drowning victim. The store bought agamas did not survive the move sadly.

Well there we have it, a parking lot/planted tank. I look forward to showing you all the progress as hopefully the plants recover.

Future plans involve attaching a heat pad to the back to heat a portion of the soil for in tank egg incubation.

Last edited:
They are adorable! Are they only in South Florida or should I keep a look out for them here in central Florida?

They are in central Florida as well, I was in Palm City. Parking lots are a favored habitat, especially if there are places to hide under. I also see them near restaurants too.

I think you should have no trouble finding them, hot days are best.

You can also find them online.

They are in central Florida as well, I was in Palm City. Parking lots are a favored habitat, especially if there are places to hide under. I also see them near restaurants too.

I think you should have no trouble finding them, hot days are best.

You can also find them online.
I’ll have to look closer when I go outside. It’d be fun if I find some hanging out in my yard.

The heat pad is now installed, so there is a localized hot spot for egg laying if they are so inclined. I'm hoping they have previously mated since they are all wild caught, and I'm not seeing obvious male vs male territorial behaviors from any one, even the large chonker.(Assuming they even care outside of the breeding seasons, since I never see these lizards truly alone in the wild)

1209201830a.jpg

Set at 84 degrees which is mid range temps. It should also heat the cave in case they want a warm spot to sleep, no idea where they sleep though, I assume they burrow randomly since I never see a "dwelling"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom