How old do I look?

Yeah bumps look like calcium build up from wrong supplementation and UVB lighting. She could also have fractures but I agree that would be a lot of them.

She is shutting down based on that sleeping in your hand picture. Too much incorrect husbandry and stress from the prior owner.

Yeah bumps look like calcium build up from wrong supplementation and UVB lighting. She could also have fractures but I agree that would be a lot of them.

She is shutting down based on that sleeping in your hand picture. Too much incorrect husbandry and stress from the prior owner.
What exactly do you mean when you say shutting down? Is it like giving up? :(

What exactly do you mean when you say shutting down? Is it like giving up? :(
Her body is declining. She is weak. Try not to hold her this will cause more stress. She has had a very rough go of life in her former living situation. So the less stress the better right now. Hopefully the UVB will come in soon that will help perk her up a bit. Make sure you have a dripper going in the cage to encourage drinking. This can be done with a plastic solo cup and tiny pin holes in the bottom. Put ice cubes in the cup and set on top of the cage over plants.

Her body is declining. She is weak. Try not to hold her this will cause more stress. She has had a very rough go of life in her former living situation. So the less stress the better right now. Hopefully the UVB will come in soon that will help perk her up a bit. Make sure you have a dripper going in the cage to encourage drinking. This can be done with a plastic solo cup and tiny pin holes in the bottom. Put ice cubes in the cup and set on top of the cage over plants.
Thank you,
Is there anything else I can do to help her right now? Or have I done all I can? :(

Not much at the moment except everything already said. Maybe give her a secure feeling by putting in a plant with lots of foliage like a Pothos. She can hide in it and this will lower the stress level a bit. Maybe you already have it.

I agree with @Sonny13... Just limit stress make sure she has plants and the correct UVB. No handling. She needs to stabilize with the correct husbandry and see if she bounces back before any more stressful situations.

Ill stick a few already grown plants that I have in my house, I think a small spider plant and a golden pothos. I have three spider plants clippings and some pothos stems all growing right now and I think they might be ready to be planted in a week.
Im worried that putting the plants in her cage might stress her out. . . like the processes of me opening her cage and reaching in to place the plants.

Ill stick a few already grown plants that I have in my house, I think a small spider plant and a golden pothos. I have three spider plants clippings and some pothos stems all growing right now and I think they might be ready to be planted in a week.
Im worried that putting the plants in her cage might stress her out. . . like the processes of me opening her cage and reaching in to place the plants.
Try to get one in at least under the dripper. The white urate is good. You are doing a great job and are giving her a fighting chance!

If you do it gently, it will stress her maybe for a bit for a moment, but gives her afterwards lots of comfort.
If you can just hang in the enclosure, you can use it for tomorrows vet visit. This is how made a 5 hour drive with my new cham to pick it up. Just as an example

24A7961E-EAA1-4A1A-A1AF-0D8DAC4CF2C3.jpeg

Just got home, she’s in her basking spot, worried as I’m not sure she has eaten any of her crickets today
Just give her time, the basking and eventually the UVB will stimulate her appetite......without these two their entire metabolic system is disrupted. She needs to find her balance again and seeing pictures of her, she isn´t directly malnourished, so give her a few days to settle in. Hydration and getting stress relieved is more important at moment.

Ok just got back from the vet and installed her uvb light! The vet said she has MBD and needs more calcium but really doesn’t look to terrible. Good outlook so far if we do the work and reach to heal her. Main other thing was better humidity.
Also is this a good distance from the uvb light?
196AF355-D8A4-4A5D-8F98-D212A4B42863.jpeg

Ok just got back from the vet and installed her uvb light! The vet said she has MBD and needs more calcium but really doesn’t look to terrible. Good outlook so far if we do the work and reach to heal her. Main other thing was better humidity.
Also is this a good distance from the uvb light?View attachment 321211
What uvb bulb strength did you buy?

Make sure non of the sharp ends from the floral wire are inside the cage. Fine if they are through the screen attached on the outside... Sharp things are dangerous with them. Get zip ties and cleanly cut the piece off once you zip tie stuff down. Like this.

Attachments

• IMG_6964.jpg
    IMG_6964.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6965.jpg
    IMG_6965.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 44
I just gotta say unless she visually improved from the pics you posted the other day I would be concerned about the vet knowing chams.
It’s 6% uvb

To go into more detail of what the vet said. He said she is weak, and to keep doing the calcium dusting of her food, also to add more variety. He said to get a gram scale because she is on the small and light side, and the bumps on her sides are most likely calcium deposits. They liked her lights and did say she would need a larger cage when she was bigger. They also her a calcium injection.
They said hydration and humidity was important and to make sure she’s eating and her weight does not drop but to not over feed her to. More food variety would be good, as crickets could be bully’s and bite her.

Back
Top Bottom