How often do you redecorate?

addicted

Established Member
I redecorated my 7.5 month old Ambanja Panther, Aslan's, enclosure yesterday. I wanted to show you guys a before and after shot...would have helped if I had remembered to take the 'before' pic;)

Ahh well, It's a 2.5'x2.5'x6' Flexarium, I originally had only a ficus and a few fake vines. I added a rubber plant, shefflara, pothos, spider plant and many more vines so that he'd have more to explore.

The enclosure looks much nicer now but he doesn't seem too happy with the change. Once I put him back in, he stayed up in the corner, giving me the evil-eye for the rest of the afternoon. He's starting to explore a bit today but I can tell he's uncomfortable with his surroundings.

So my questions are:
How often does everyone re-arrange and/or add things to their enclosures?
How long does it usually take for you Cham to settle back in?

Oh, and what do you think of my design? You can see Aslan up in the corner, leering at me:p
salefish 006.jpg salefish 008.jpg salefish 009.jpg salefish 010.jpg
And I can't forget my little helper...who fell asleep waiting for those stray crickets:rolleyes:
salefish 011.jpg

Your setup looks nice! Personally I would put a couple more of the biovines or maybe some pieces of bamboo across the center where you have all that space open. I like to let my pothos get real nice and big and drape it over my biovines. I wouldn't recommend "re decorating" very often, or at all. Maybe ADD a couple things but when you do a cage cleaning take everything out and clean it and put it back in the same place. If not it may be an un-needed souce of stress to your chameleon.

Nice cham btw :D

See ya,

Todd

i like how your little helper helps with the stray cricket problem :) my dogs are my helpers

I redecorate my cage every week-2 weeks when i clean the cage. I interchange the plant ficus/schleffera/hibiscus and everything switches around. My veiled seems to like it though. He is goes around exploring etc and seems happy :)

Last edited:
I have an anole houseguest that roams my house. I can't say he eats escapees, however there is poo and urate around so I know he's getting something to eat in my susnroom.

Your setup looks nice! Personally I would put a couple more of the biovines or maybe some pieces of bamboo across the center where you have all that space open. I like to let my pothos get real nice and big and drape it over my biovines. I wouldn't recommend "re decorating" very often, or at all. Maybe ADD a couple things but when you do a cage cleaning take everything out and clean it and put it back in the same place. If not it may be an un-needed souce of stress to your chameleon.

Nice cham btw :D

See ya,

Todd

Thanks! I do plan on adding more of the Bio-vine, I buy a new one every 2 weeks when I get paid (it's so expensive:eek:) Unfortunately I had to kind of waste 2 pieces of it to support the planter that the pothos is in. When I hung it on the frame of the flex itself, the whole thing started twisting and leaning:mad: I think I'll be re-potting it into a smaller one soon.

Here's a pic of Aslan fired up

Attachments

• Aslan014.jpg
    Aslan014.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 156
Looks nice and full. I change my chameleons plants around once every 2 months and alternate with 3 different ficus.

Back
Top Bottom