Turning off Basking Bulb - Do you do it?

Oh I found it already lol!! But TY!! I watched your video getting him to go on your hand. I really like that strategy. I glanced over a little bit (But I really gotta get started on my school work....) and noticed one thing that stood out to me.... and I do this with him a lot

1. Don't make direct eye contact with your Chameleon.
I absolutely DO make eye contact with him. I never heard anything regarding this before! So I assume that scares them/makes them feel more threatened somehow?? I will read the rest later. I am just curious about this. Definitely something for me to correct 🫡
So I found that with all my boys if I looked directly at them they would back off. Kinda like with a dog that is fearful. If you look directly at it you are now threatening it. You see this with a lot of different animals. But with chams their vision is so dang good and they are always watching you while watching the feeder or whatever else. So this is my theory and nothing based on anything I read. I might be nuts but I found that it works.

So I found that with all my boys if I looked directly at them they would back off. Kinda like with a dog that is fearful. If you look directly at it you are now threatening it. You see this with a lot of different animals. But with chams their vision is so dang good and they are always watching you while watching the feeder or whatever else. So this is my theory and nothing based on anything I read. I might be nuts but I found that it works.
Nah you're not nuts. It makes perfect sense. You're awesome! And I'm thankful you took the time to experience the things you have so you can share them with me lol :) It makes sense looking back now. He's always staring into my eyes so I thought I might just be reciprocating his behavior but clearly it's because he's looking for me looking at him 🫣

I have barely gotten through your blog and I already have learned something

Nah you're not nuts. It makes perfect sense. You're awesome! And I'm thankful you took the time to experience the things you have so you can share them with me lol :) It makes sense looking back now. He's always staring into my eyes so I thought I might just be reciprocating his behavior but clearly it's because he's looking for me looking at him 🫣

I have barely gotten through your blog and I already have learned something
I dunno I may be a little nuts lol.

Once they get used to you then you can look at them. They just have to learn your not a threat. So by looking without direct eye contact they seem to become more comfortable quickly. At least in my experience. :)

Oh I found it already lol!! But TY!! I watched your video getting him to go on your hand. I really like that strategy. I glanced over a little bit (But I really gotta get started on my school work....) and noticed one thing that stood out to me.... and I do this with him a lot

1. Don't make direct eye contact with your Chameleon.
I absolutely DO make eye contact with him. I never heard anything regarding this before! So I assume that scares them/makes them feel more threatened somehow?? I will read the rest later. I am just curious about this. Definitely something for me to correct 🫡
I can tell a difference when I make eye contact with some of my chams and try to hand feed them and when I don't make eye contact. My panther will check a few times to see if I am looking at him before he will eat out of my hand. My Jackson's does it occasionally so far. My veiled doesnt care, she just wants the bug.

I can tell a difference when I make eye contact with some of my chams and try to hand feed them and when I don't make eye contact. My panther will check a few times to see if I am looking at him before he will eat out of my hand. My Jackson's does it occasionally so far. My veiled doesnt care, she just wants the bug.
Interesting note about your Veiled. My female Veiled also did not give a crap. She ate from my hand immediately lmao and never hesitated. She also IMMEDIATELY climbed on my fingers without hesitation from the get go.

So this has been a learning experience for me. I tip toe it a lot. I feel like I have to be extra cautious with him. Sometimes I feel maybe I am being too cautious. But it's hard to gauge and I don't want to make a mistake.

If I get too close and he's not having it he will kinda jerk away and I am afraid of making him scared and having him fall. It's just such a different experience from my female veiled!

Interesting note about your Veiled. My female Veiled also did not give a crap. She ate from my hand immediately lmao and never hesitated. She also IMMEDIATELY climbed on my fingers without hesitation from the get go.

So this has been a learning experience for me. I tip toe it a lot. I feel like I have to be extra cautious with him. Sometimes I feel maybe I am being too cautious. But it's hard to gauge and I don't want to make a mistake.

If I get too close and he's not having it he will kinda jerk away and I am afraid of making him scared and having him fall. It's just such a different experience from my female veiled!
Yep that’s how my girl is. I feel you on how different it can be with the others. My panther boy is so afraid of me. My Jackson’s…tbd. Lol

Back
Top Bottom