Heat lamp

Abbie6585

I have a panther Charmeleon, and at night I notice his heat lamp still comes on and off even though I turned the temp down to 20. This is a very bright lamp and I know they should sleep in complete darkness. How do I stop this and still ensure his Viv is an okay temperature?

It’s between 60-50 F at night but the light still comes on and off
I do not know what you are using for your thermostat. I use a herpstat and it has an on off setting that over rides the temp function for dimming on and off.

If you can not get yours to stop coming on I would set it on a smart plug and see if it will over ride it or get a different thermostat. I am willing to bet it has something to do with night time misting though if you are. Colder water hitting cold air will trigger at a much lower temp. if this is hitting the probe that would explain why it thinks it is that cold.

I do not know what you are using for your thermostat. I use a herpstat and it has an on off setting that over rides the temp function for dimming on and off.

If you can not get yours to stop coming on I would set it on a smart plug and see if it will over ride it or get a different thermostat. I am willing to bet it has something to do with night time misting though if you are. Colder water hitting cold air will trigger at a much lower temp. if this is hitting the probe that would explain why it thinks it is that cold.
I currently use habistat that only allows me to change temperature. I will try turn it off altogether

Back
Top Bottom