How Often Do Baby Nosy Be's Feed?

xXNosyBeXx

Hi, i just got a baby Nosy Be last sunday. He can't be more than a couple of months old. I was wondering how often should he be eating? I try to feed him every day but he has only eaten from me the monday after i got him, when he ate about 10 crickets out of a cup in my hand. i Have tried this feeding method several times again but he seems to either not be hungry or to freaked out by my hand being in the cage... Yesterday i tried a method of just leaving the cup in the cage and he hasn't touched them. I was just wondering if he hasn't eaten because of my feeding method, or he is full, or if there is something else going on? Thanks!

I have a panther about the same age, and he has been eating every day. I think it's important that they eat about 7+ prey items every day since they are in a high growth state. I have been feeding mine houseflies, crickets, fruitflies and have tried some phoenix worms too. My feeding method has been to simply free-range the prey items in his cage and let him hunt them, with the exception of the phoenix worms which I've put in a cup. It's harder for me to tell how much he's eating, but I have seen him eat a few times and see a reduction in the number of flies and crickets in the cage. I'm not sure if he's eaten any phoenix worms actually. At first I put them in a shallow cup but they have no problem climbing right out! even after greasing the sides with a little olive oil.

Try to get some worms-like silk worms-and see if he will eat them. He should be eating everyday though. Can you fill this form out for us?

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Hi, i just got a baby Nosy Be last sunday. He can't be more than a couple of months old. I was wondering how often should he be eating? I try to feed him every day but he has only eaten from me the monday after i got him, when he ate about 10 crickets out of a cup in my hand. i Have tried this feeding method several times again but he seems to either not be hungry or to freaked out by my hand being in the cage... Yesterday i tried a method of just leaving the cup in the cage and he hasn't touched them. I was just wondering if he hasn't eaten because of my feeding method, or he is full, or if there is something else going on? Thanks!
I had a similar problem as u did two weeks ago!!! I also just purchased a nosy be which was a week shy of 3 months old!!! He ate the first two days 8 crickets each day!! Then stopped eating because he started to shed.. He ate the day after only 2 crickets.. What I did is put the cricket around him on a leaf and let him hunt.. I read u should not try to cup feed till their 6months cuz they need the excersie of hunting as their young!!! But I did buy a lees feeding cup for phoneix worms it works great their 1.99 from lllreptile.. Ur little guy might be a little frighten of his new home give him a week to adjust as long as he eats a little every other day you will be fine!! Try to buy micro super worms for him and put them on a vine not next to him but in sight and he will go for it.. Make sure ur not to close to the cafe and keep s distAnce so he won't be frighten to hunt.. Hope it works pm me If u need more help cuz I went through the same issue not more then a fee days ago!!!! I am always on my phone in class so I will respond quickly!!! Hope my advice helps!!!

Did u get ur nosy be from a lady Theresa in Florida??? Jw cuz I did

Thank you all for your advice! I put a new type of cup in there and tilted it and put about 5 crickets in it and left it there for a couple of hours and when i came back he was looking in at the crickets and eating a few. And Cambagger i got mine from LLLReptile in Oceanside CA

oh sweet get my supplies from them all the time its a hour away driving distance to me... good luck man if u have any more problems dont be afraid to ask... i am a newby also but luckly i have a friend who use to own chameleons and helps me out all the time..

Back
Top Bottom