How often does your Cham poop?

Yes, I called and they are an exotic animal vet that does chameleons! I am very concerned now and just feel awful. Is it possible he could die from this? I really love him and I thought I was doing the right thing
Breathe and relax.... He may just be shocky right now. You did nothing wrong. Just let him calm down and only feed soft bodied feeders the next few days. :) It was a lot for him and she may have made his mouth sore depending on how she was grabbing his jaw and how hard she was pushing inside the mouth with the stick.

Breathe and relax.... He may just be shocky right now. You did nothing wrong. Just let him calm down and only feed soft bodied feeders the next few days. :) It was a lot for him and she may have made his mouth sore depending on how she was grabbing his jaw and how hard she was pushing inside the mouth with the stick.
Okay thank you for all the support, I will keep everyone updated. Maybe I should call the vet and let them know about this? I don’t think they should be seeing anymore chameleons

Okay thank you for all the support, I will keep everyone updated. Maybe I should call the vet and let them know about this? I don’t think they should be seeing anymore chameleons
If it were me I would call to let them know that it was not a good experience and that your chameleon is not targeting food correctly since they did the exam.

Just an update for everyone since it’s been around 2 weeks, Herbie is doing better but he still misses every now and then and I caught him sleeping during the day yesterday :( I’m afraid the vet might have done some irreversible damage but I’m going to do my best to just take care of him like I normally do and hope for the best. I am not taking him out at all and just letting him relax.

I have a chameleon named Herbie and he also waits 7-10 days to poop and makes me nervous. But then they come out 5” long with healthy urates. I feed and hydrate him exactly the same as his next door neighbor, who poops every other day without fail. And his poops are slightly runny. They are both adult panther chameleons in identical enclosures. There is a perfect case of nature vs nurture. Digestive systems can vary. So you really do need to tailor husbandry to each chameleon. I stepped up hydration and put a dripper on again for Herbie. The dripper is a good fail safe.

Paulie's poop schedule really depends on how much he eats. He's usually about 2x a week. My vet said depending how much we are feeding, if he's pooping once a week, and urates are healthy, not to freak out. Just for reference. Hope your little guy is doing ok.

I’m so sorry you had a bad experience at the vets! Maybe you can find a better one for next time. I have an adult male Jackson’s and he only poops once a week. I sure hope your guy feels better soon and starts targeting with his tongue better!

Just an update for everyone since it’s been around 2 weeks, Herbie is doing better but he still misses every now and then and I caught him sleeping during the day yesterday :( I’m afraid the vet might have done some irreversible damage but I’m going to do my best to just take care of him like I normally do and hope for the best. I am not taking him out at all and just letting him relax.
Have you done a full husbandry review with us yet?

Back
Top Bottom