Gout?

It holds quite a bit of water. I drain mine once a week but I could easily go 2 weeks at least before emptying it. Just an idea if you wanted :)
I probably need to do something like it but I can't afford that after all these vet visits. Especially since I'm not in the clear yet.

I probably need to do something like it but I can't afford that after all these vet visits. Especially since I'm not in the clear yet.
I feels. Do you mind sharing a photo of your enclosure? I will keep pondering about cheap drainage options for you but I need a visual.

I feels. Do you mind sharing a photo of your enclosure? I will keep pondering about cheap drainage options for you but I need a visual.
unnamed (26).jpg

Thank you! Another idea, you could get some potted plants to put on the bottom of the enclosure to help catch the water?

That's a good idea. They'd just need to have terrible drainage lol.
That should be an easy fix, for my plants that need more drainage I just use charcoal chunks on the bottom of the pot, then I mix dirt with orchid bark (50/50 mix) and some leca balls, the top inch or two of the pot I make sure its all dirt so my chameleon can't accidentally eat the leca balls or charcoal.

That should be an easy fix, for my plants that need more drainage I just use charcoal chunks on the bottom of the pot, then I mix dirt with orchid bark (50/50 mix) and some leca balls, the top inch or two of the pot I make sure its all dirt so my chameleon can't accidentally eat the leca balls or charcoal.
I need the opposite though. I want them to hold the water so I have less sitting in the tray.

The actual bottom is but I have an acrylic box/really tall tray thing that goes in the bottom. It just holds water though.
You could put a 5 inch diameter hole in the wood bottom and drill holes in the acrylic inside of a 4 inch diameter spaces. Lift the enclosure a few inches, then add a drain pan. Use a wet vac to remove water from the drain pan. I vaccum my drain pan 2 times a week. I use a Dumore rabbit cage tray for my drain pan.

You could put a 5 inch diameter hole in the wood bottom and drill holes in the acrylic inside of a 4 inch diameter spaces. Lift the enclosure a few inches, then add a drain pan. Use a wet vac to remove water from the drain pan. I vaccum my drain pan 2 times a week. I use a Dumore rabbit cage tray for my drain pan.
The entire enclosure is standing a few feet off the ground on wooden legs not shown in the picture

The entire enclosure is standing a few feet off the ground on wooden legs not shown in the picture
Can you replace wooden legs or saw them off and lift the enclosure with plastic furniture lifters. They are really cheap. Or if you add the holes mentioned above, you can find a drain pan small enough to fit between the wooden legs.

You could add plastic legs to the wooden legs (screw in) and let them sit in the drain pan. Or keep it as is and use a wet vacuum after each misting.

Arcrylic box With drilled holes, sits in enclosure on top of wood floor. Cut a 5 inch diameter hole cut in wood floor. Wood hole should be bigger than arcrylic holes. Add legs and drain tray. As long as the hole in the wood floor is larger than the circumference of the arcrylic circumference you should be fine.
20240408_174918.jpg

Is it a bad idea to aim the fog at him? Cause I don't feel like jerry-riggin his cage rn and if I aim the fog at him, it stays in the cage, doesn't require tons of humidity elsewhere, and I can turn it way down probably.

Back
Top Bottom