How many to feed/ what to gut load with

gperlman

I just received my dubia roaches yesterday in the mail and I am unsure as to how much to feed my guy. I received a starter colony with tons of different sized roaches but i am only used to giving him crickets. He is about 11months old and is a normal weight panther. I used to give him around 10-15 medium/large crickets daily.
Also, I was wondering what everyone's Fav 5 was to gutload their dubia.

Any info helps. Thanks :)

I guess the amount will depend on the size dubias you are feeding him. You can gutload roaches the same as crickets. They will eat nuts, seeds, and veggies. I feed dubias, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, kale, collard greens, turnip greens, squash, clover, alfalfa, and DinoFuel.

What he said. As for size, they are about 3x bigger per inch than crickets and about 5x the calories per inch. They are like M&M's with legs when properly gut loaded. Mine went from 2 dozen full sized crickets down to 4 or so almost adult nymphs.

As a treat he gets an occasional mealworm but other than that its hard to find a variety of feeders around me. He used to just get crickets but i finally started with dubias. He hasnt shown the biggest liking for them yet but hopefully he will soon.

Back
Top Bottom