How Many Tattoos and Piercings Do You Have?

I'm got WAY too many to keep count...been collecting tattoos since I was 12..started tattooing 17 years ago...owned my own tattoo & piercing shop since 2000...
heres a couple of my favourites I have on me:
-Portrait of Janis Joplin- I whored myself around major tattoo conventions around north america for years and entered this in conests everywhere- ended up with 13 first place trophies and had my ribs in about 40 or 45 tattoo magazines over the years
JANIS.jpg

-my foot and my fingers
my foot.jpg
jyhnjyhn.jpg

and my favourite...a portrait of Ellen on my arm ( it was on her bad paid for tattoo segment last october) the actual tattoo is WAY better than the one that they showed...they blurred the photo i sent in and flipped the picture...its actually a really well done colour portrait by a really good artist

IMG_2102.jpg

and for all those comments about the coke/pepsi/t-shirt thing....coke is it! and heres the coolest tshirt for this thread(notice the coke bottle on my arm)(big cover up of tribal design) (from WAY back when tribal USED to be cool!)(sorry but the 90's are over ,people!!)

Photo on 11-09-01 at 8.56 PM.jpg
So many more tattoos but no solid pictures of them

like:
-sea monkeys smoking a hookah on my leg
-quotation marks on my fingers
-a rooster hanging on a noose just below my knee
- a large tribal piece on my ankle (cool tribal) (done by the Borneo Headhunters with sticks and needles)
-koi fish and symbols on my head (hence the name 'tat hed'...cause I have tattoos on my head)
-a mustache inside my upper lip
- 5 or maybe 6 #13's in various locations....(long Story)
-a plaid pladaypus
- an incredible (but unfinished) colour portrait of
Linda Perry (from 4 Non Blondes) (this is probably REALLY my favorite...and my most meaningful actually)

also tons more tattoos
and several discrete piercings

I don't normally post on threads like this, nor do i go on and on as much as I did tonight...but a comment that the tattoo 'had to have some meaning'...no it doesn't !!!! Seriously... you been watching WAY too many re-runs of Miami Ink ...!!! Sometimes a tattoo is JUST a tattoo!!

I'm got WAY too many to keep count...been collecting tattoos since I was 12..started tattooing 17 years ago...owned my own tattoo & piercing shop since 2000...
heres a couple of my favourites I have on me:
-Portrait of Janis Joplin- I whored myself around major tattoo conventions around north america for years and entered this in conests everywhere- ended up with 13 first place trophies and had my ribs in about 40 or 45 tattoo magazines over the years
View attachment 40884

-my foot and my fingers
View attachment 40886
View attachment 40885

OMG, I have never seen a bottom of the foot tattoo! That is cool! I am too ticklish to do that.

Nice! Next up a tongue split? :D

Oh Jesus, no, don't do that. In my honest opinion, you never want to do anything that is going to limit your options in life. It's one thing to get a tattoo because you can cover those up, or piercings because you can remove them, but don't do something where people will not want to give you good jobs or whatnot because they think you look like a freak. Don't you aspire to be someone in a respected position, maybe making a lot of money, or influencing the world somehow? Look at the people making 100k+ a year and tell me how many of them can wave their tongues in two directions at once.

You don't know that in 15 years you won't want to be governor, or the president of Habitat for Humanity, or the face of something else. I think you should always do things thinking of your highest potential in the future.

Not to be derogatory or anything, but I hate seeing a young girl with aaaaaall her life ahead of her thinking about doing that to herself. I think it's a horrible decision.

OMG, I have never seen a bottom of the foot tattoo! That is cool! I am too ticklish to do that.
Ya... Bottom of the foot tattoos are not something I'd recommend... It was hard to make it stay... It was done 3 times before it looked good, now... Years later it's very washed out and faded.... Don't do it!
Plus it hurt like a bitch! So the tickleishness thing really isn't a big issue ! I'm also super ticklish and I have my whole foot tattooed... and my ribcage

ive also had a tattoo on the bottom of my foot, it looked good originally and then it slowly disappeared and now its almost completely gone. i would also not recommend anyone getting one.

even the on on the top of my food has had a hard time "sticking" ive re done it a few times and it hurts quite a bit... not fun.

Been planning my tattoos for years, and finally have the cash to get some of them done. I am starting with a half sleeve on my right arm, doing a design I came up and hopefully getting the outline done next month, and filling it all in the next month.

The biggest mistake ever was to get the tattoo on my foot... I wanted to cry during the tattoo because it hurt so much and after because of how AWFUL it turned out. Terrible terrible... That is the ONLY tattoo I regret getting.

Slowly starting to put my jewelry back in! :D Very excited about that. (didn't have a job and was nit able to replace lost jewelry)

Oh Jesus, no, don't do that. In my honest opinion, you never want to do anything that is going to limit your options in life. It's one thing to get a tattoo because you can cover those up, or piercings because you can remove them, but don't do something where people will not want to give you good jobs or whatnot because they think you look like a freak. Don't you aspire to be someone in a respected position, maybe making a lot of money, or influencing the world somehow? Look at the people making 100k+ a year and tell me how many of them can wave their tongues in two directions at once.

You don't know that in 15 years you won't want to be governor, or the president of Habitat for Humanity, or the face of something else. I think you should always do things thinking of your highest potential in the future.

Not to be derogatory or anything, but I hate seeing a young girl with aaaaaall her life ahead of her thinking about doing that to herself. I think it's a horrible decision.

I'm getting it done, you can talk completely normal, it'll look the same unless you yourself move the muscles to split it.

I'm getting it done, you can talk completely normal, it'll look the same unless you yourself move the muscles to split it.

Not all people find it easy to speak afterwards, so that's something serious to consider. You don't want to sound like you have a speak impediment! But I guess I don't see the attraction. Is it just shock factor? I just think you're going to have a much harder time getting respect from people when they see/you show them something like that. Which might mean reduced opportunities in life, as far as careers and relationships. But if that's stuff you've already considered then go ahead. It is your body after all.

Not all people find it easy to speak afterwards, so that's something serious to consider. You don't want to sound like you have a speak impediment! But I guess I don't see the attraction. Is it just shock factor? I just think you're going to have a much harder time getting respect from people when they see/you show them something like that. Which might mean reduced opportunities in life, as far as careers and relationships. But if that's stuff you've already considered then go ahead. It is your body after all.

I already have a lisp so it can't get much worse than it already is, I like shocking people.

The biggest mistake ever was to get the tattoo on my foot... I wanted to cry during the tattoo because it hurt so much and after because of how AWFUL it turned out. Terrible terrible... That is the ONLY tattoo I regret getting.

Slowly starting to put my jewelry back in! :D Very excited about that. (didn't have a job and was nit able to replace lost jewelry)

It does hurt - hubby is working on a chameleon tattoo on the top of my foot right now ... OUCH! Think I would have learned after the daisy on my other foot!!

It does hurt - hubby is working on a chameleon tattoo on the top of my foot right now ... OUCH! Think I would have learned after the daisy on my other foot!!

Lol! Funny because the tattoo on my foot is also a chameleon but I won't dare post a picture. I'm embarrassed... Yours looks really cute.

A few things I would like to say, the girl is set on having her tongue split and if the pain and blood won't change her mind then nothing else will. We live in a society that is quickly beginning to accept tattoos and piercings, I worked with surgeons and anesthesiologists with full on sleeves and neck tattoos. A simple tongue splitting I'm sure would not even be a problem. If she grows out of it and decides she no longer wants a split tongue, a few stitches and it's fixed. :) No matter what you do or wear there will always be people who don't agree.

A few things I would like to say, the girl is set on having her tongue split and if the pain and blood won't change her mind then nothing else will. We live in a society that is quickly beginning to accept tattoos and piercings, I worked with surgeons and anesthesiologists with full on sleeves and neck tattoos. A simple tongue splitting I'm sure would not even be a problem. If she grows out of it and decides she no longer wants a split tongue, a few stitches and it's fixed. :) No matter what you do or wear there will always be people who don't agree.

And I'm certainly not trying to hijack this thread to go in an negative direction about doing these things to yourself, because this thread has been fun to read and I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but I will say one thing. With things that extreme, like tongue splitting or getting horn implants, or tattooing the whites of your eyes... I think you go down a road where you're just asking for people to judge you negatively, as a freak or something. You have a 2 minute shock factor and then people will think poorly of you (except other people that are as different as you). It's like that saying, dress for the job you want - it goes for everything else as well. I just think that kind of thing limits your options, that's all.

And I'm certainly not trying to hijack this thread to go in an negative direction about doing these things to yourself, because this thread has been fun to read and I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but I will say one thing. With things that extreme, like tongue splitting or getting horn implants, or tattooing the whites of your eyes... I think you go down a road where you're just asking for people to judge you negatively, as a freak or something. You have a 2 minute shock factor and then people will think poorly of you (except other people that are as different as you). It's like that saying, dress for the job you want - it goes for everything else as well. I just think that kind of thing limits your options, that's all.

No problem, I wasn't trying to take it into a different direction either I typed that in the calmest sense, lol! I completely understand but something like tattooing the whites if your eyes is something WAY extreme. The only thing extreme about tongue splitting in my opinion is how it's actually done. Putting horns on your head, meh, you can always pull those back out. Just be glad she's not wanting to do the eye thing, lol!

For those of you interested in learning q bit more about body modification and the reasoning behind it, I highly suggest watching "Flesh and Blood". Very interesting... If you have Netflix, it should be there. There is also another documentary but can't recall the title of it but they are both on Netflix. Enjoy! :D

Edit: Steven Hayworth is rad and oh so sexy, lol!

Back
Top Bottom