How Many Tattoos and Piercings Do You Have?

Here are some of mine...
The collar piece says "I Live And Die For Those I Love"
full.jpg

cross.jpg

arm.jpg

I have a back piece that is still in progress so I can't show an unfinished piece...

please fill out a "help form" i am concerned about your comprehension skills, this is sign of vitamin street-smarts deficiency.... how are your urates?[/QUOTE]

i really have no street smarts :( my boyfriend has to protect me from everything. it's just i want everyone thing to be good and nice. i know its not but id rather be happy and think it is.

Nice octopus skeet! One day I hope to get a blue ringed October onme. :D they are just beautifully stunning and I love the fact that they are so venomous and tiny.
You people and your dang Koi! I want one SO badly... I look Asian, maybe I can pull it off, lol!

Nice octopus skeet! One day I hope to get a blue ringed October onme. :D they are just beautifully stunning and I love the fact that they are so venomous and tiny.
You people and your dang Koi! I want one SO badly... I look Asian, maybe I can pull it off, lol!

Thanks!! Oh you didn't hear? Koi tattoos are for anybody now days. Lol. I use to rock piercing like 10 years ago when I was 16. It was just a phase though. So much easier without them. They definetly look better on females ;)

Thanks!! Oh you didn't hear? Koi tattoos are for anybody now days. Lol. I use to rock piercing like 10 years ago when I was 16. It was just a phase though. So much easier without them.

What is that suppose to mean? I dont know where you think your from but where i grew up its a good luck/respect thing.

What is that suppose to mean? I dont know where you think your from but where i grew up its a good luck/respect thing.
Well being half Japanese and half Hawaiian and growing up in Hawaii with my Japanese family, Im pretty sure I know what the symbol of the Koi means. I also know that according to Japanese legend, if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it would be transformed into a dragon. Based on that legend, it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement. Another legend states that the koi climb the waterfall bravely, and if they are caught, they face their death on the cutting board bravely like a samuri. In Japan, the word koi refers primarily to the wild variety. As a result, many of the country's symbolic meanings for the fish refer to the wild variety instead of the fish species as a whole. One of the primary reasons the fish is symbolic in Japanese culture is because it is known for swimming upstream no matter what the conditions are. These fish are even said to swim up waterfalls. This is viewed as an absolute show of power because they will continue to swim upstream as if on a mission. They cannot be distracted or deterred by anything.

But now days, well at least in the US, people get these not for the meaning as most people don't know the meaning and legends. They get it because its trendy. It looks cool. Therefore, for the most part, it has lost it's meaning because so many people have it but if you ask them they have no clue as to the orgins of it.

Take my octopus for example, it not just an octopus. It is a symbol of family sacrifice. The Giant Octopus intensively cares for and dies protecting the eggs. The female wraps around the eggs until they hatch. She doesn't eat or anything. By the time the eggs hatch she dies from starvation. The ultimate sacrific for her family. And all the designs within in octopus aren't just designs. Each one has a different meaning. Like the basket weave, in hawaiian culture, stands for the ties between family, and so on.

So please don't try and tell me what's up. Ohh and just to let you know, your profile name is actually spelled "Haole" not "Houle." It's Hawaiian and its a
derogatory slang in Hawaii for White Person, but was first merely the name for the Caucasian foreigners immigrating to Hawaii in the early 19th century. But you must have already known that!

Well being half Japanese and half Hawaiian and growing up in Hawaii with my Japanese family, Im pretty sure I know what the symbol of the Koi means. I also know that according to Japanese legend, if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it would be transformed into a dragon. Based on that legend, it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement. Another legend states that the koi climb the waterfall bravely, and if they are caught, they face their death on the cutting board bravely like a samuri. In Japan, the word koi refers primarily to the wild variety. As a result, many of the country's symbolic meanings for the fish refer to the wild variety instead of the fish species as a whole. One of the primary reasons the fish is symbolic in Japanese culture is because it is known for swimming upstream no matter what the conditions are. These fish are even said to swim up waterfalls. This is viewed as an absolute show of power because they will continue to swim upstream as if on a mission. They cannot be distracted or deterred by anything.

But now days, well at least in the US, people get these not for the meaning as most people don't know the meaning and legends. They get it because its trendy. It looks cool. Therefore, for the most part, it has lost it's meaning because so many people have it but if you ask them they have no clue as to the orgins of it.

Take my octopus for example, it not just an octopus. It is a symbol of family sacrifice. The Giant Octopus intensively cares for and dies protecting the eggs. The female wraps around the eggs until they hatch. She doesn't eat or anything. By the time the eggs hatch she dies from starvation. The ultimate sacrific for her family. And all the designs within in octopus aren't just designs. Each one has a different meaning. Like the basket weave, in hawaiian culture, stands for the ties between family, and so on.

So please don't try and tell me what's up. Ohh and just to let you know, your profile name is actually spelled "Haole" not "Houle." It's Hawaiian and its a
derogatory slang in Hawaii for White Person, but was first merely the name for the Caucasian foreigners immigrating to Hawaii in the early 19th century. But you must have already known that!

I know the whole legend about koi's. so you can give yourself a pat on the back for googling it. I also grew up in Hawaii and my name is spelt like this for a reason, but thanks for you advice. I spent 12 years in waianae/maili so thats why i have my koi tatoo but thanks.

I'm glad you lived there but it still doesn't take back the fact that tons of people get it bc it's trendy or looks cool without knowing the real meaning. Hence my joking about how Koi tattoos are for anybody now days.

I've got two piercings but no tats. I am considering getting a half sleeve but haven't even gotten down to starting it yet. The girl friend has got 7 and I've got none. The fact that it'll be on my body forever deters than anything else.

Wow, interesting posts AND one reason I would not get a Koi. Psh, I know nothing about it OR knew... I learned a lot. :) I simply thing they are gorgous!

PICTURES! Lol! Don't just leave us wondering what your tattoos and piercings look like.:D

My dad's cool with it but my mom's definately NOT going to let me, but when I move out I'm getting my tongue split.

I almost got my tongue split but chikened out, definately cool looking... I hated the after pain of getting my tongue pierced and can't imagine the pain after getting it split down the middle.

Ouch, just the thought about it makes me cringe. I wish I had a high pain tolerance but I really don't... I HATE getting tattoos because they hurt so much.

Back
Top Bottom