How big is too big - Dubia's -

newyorkbreed

I picked up 6.10 Blaptica Dubia's a few weeks ago to a breed,
At the moment the ones with the long wings are about 1 1/2" long and the short wings are about 1" long 1/2" thick.
I ran out of Cricks last night and my female does not like the Meal worms
I have breeding good so I looked for the smallest roach and placed in on her branch and BAM roach was in her mouth,
I watch her eat it because I thought it was too big,
She ate it and it looks like she went roaming around looking for more.
My question is,
Is anyone feeding full size Dubia to adult Panthers or are you feeding the roach juvi's.

Thanks

I picked up 6.10 Blaptica Dubia's a few weeks ago to a breed,
At the moment the ones with the long wings are about 1 1/2" long and the short wings are about 1" long 1/2" thick.
I ran out of Cricks last night and my female does not like the Meal worms
I have breeding good so I looked for the smallest roach and placed in on her branch and BAM roach was in her mouth,
I watch her eat it because I thought it was too big,
She ate it and it looks like she went roaming around looking for more.
My question is,
Is anyone feeding full size Dubia to adult Panthers or are you feeding the roach juvi's.

Thanks

Adult panthers can without a doubt, eat the adult Dubia without any problems ;)

Adult panthers can without a doubt, eat the adult Dubia without any problems ;)

Wheeeew,
Thanks,
At first I was waiting for choking then I've been waiting for impactation.:D
Can't wait to get home tonight to give her another..
The plus side for me is knowing that she is actually eating a hearty meal like that..

Just an FYI: With Dubias, only the males have wings. Be careful you do not feed off all the males :eek:
Also, even though adult panthers are capable of eating adult Dubia roaches, you and your cham will be much better off if you only feed the nymphs. (Plus your colony will expand a lot faster!)

Jim

Back
Top Bottom