HemiPenis question

CammieNLeno

Hi Folks!

I have a general question about the hemipenis of panthers. First let me point out I have read the following page: http://adcham.com/html/veterinary/vet-hemipenal-pare.html

but havent really arrived at an anwser. I did some searches here and learned a bit more.. but my question is:

Do males randomly "expose" their hemis? This weekend I was watching my little guy eat, and he climbed up to his fav branch, and out it comes! I had to cover my girlfriends eyes (Sven was embarrassed) and then the promptly retraced it back in. He is exactly 4 months old now, and the bulge is really starting to come in. Is this just an example of regular hormones kicking in? I am new to panthers, my expierence in the past is with jacksons, but i never observed them just "whip it out" like that before.

I know its not a prolapse, there is not a problem here to my knowledge.. like i said he tucked it back and and went about his day.. just curious if this is regular behavior for juvies coming to age?

Was he eyeing my girl? Do i need to sit him down and have a talk?:mad::mad:

Socalison, thanks for the lol. I really needed that....Good one. Is that what happened to you?

Debby

I wouldn't be worried at all. In the next few months you'll really start seeing him flare his junk around. He's starting to mature and this is normal. My guy did it all the time and he still does (hes 7mo old and i bought him at 4 months old). In the next month or so you'll probably start seeing him rub sperm plugs around. It seems like every time i go in to see my male hes rubbing sperm plug on his vines. You might see a decrease in appetite as he starts to pace his cage as he matures. He'll get to the point where he cant and wont even stay still and he might get picky about eating too. He'll probably climb upside down and pace all day at this age. Some males are more chill about it but i wouldnt be concerned unless you see the hemipene exposed for longer than 10 min or so. Talk to chriscarter if you have any questions he really clued me in about it all too.

He'll get to the point where he cant and wont even stay still and he might get picky about eating too. He'll probably climb upside down and pace all day at this age. Some males are more chill about it but i wouldnt be concerned unless you see the hemipene exposed for longer than 10 min or so.

This is what he is doing to the T!! (well he still eats like a pig) but hes CONSTALY on the move, its great, i enjoy it quite alot. Hes always hangin around upside down, cruising up and down on his favorite tree, just kinda patrolling, i love it!

Not the slightest bit concerned whatsoever, really enjoying watching him age.

Thanks for the post nico!

Back
Top Bottom