Chester 6 month update and feeding question!

lurker9090

My chester boy has been doing amazing! Hes been growing and has become comfortable around me and trusts me now! His colours have been coming in beautifully! And im starting to plan his next bigger upgrade!

I just had a question about feeding. He was born in may, so hes a little bit more then 6 months old. When should I slow down his feeding? I can tell hes starting to slow down. For first few months he would down 20 small crickets a day easily, now hes slowing down and will only eat around 10 small or 5 large (i also switch out like 5 other types of bugs but using crickets for sizes/reference sake).

Can i start feeding him 5 large every other day?

IMG_8439.jpg

My chester boy has been doing amazing! Hes been growing and has become comfortable around me and trusts me now! His colours have been coming in beautifully! And im starting to plan his next bigger upgrade!

I just had a question about feeding. He was born in may, so hes a little bit more then 6 months old. When should I slow down his feeding? I can tell hes starting to slow down. For first few months he would down 20 small crickets a day easily, now hes slowing down and will only eat around 10 small or 5 large (i also switch out like 5 other types of bugs but using crickets for sizes/reference sake).

View attachment 347391
I would continue to let him 'dictate' how you're feeding him, making sure you're giving him enough for full meals the way you always have. Spike is almost 8 months old and he's recently slowed down eating a little bit. But I also think it's because of "winter" coming through New Jersey. Some days he eats more than others. So I am putting enough out there in case he wants more, and dealing with the left overs accordingly.

My understanding (And I recently just asked this same question about Spike! haha) is that you won't actually slow down to every other day until they're truly adult size.

He looks AMAZING! Just like Spike!! Did you get him from Frams Chams by any chance??

1701453224486.png

View attachment 347391
Sweet baby!! He has the cutest face!

You could move up to medium sized feeders. I avoid feeding large feeders even to an adult. More chance of a mouth injury. Keep feeding him well every day. Around 9-10 months you may notice him curb back on his own. That is your first clue that it is time to reduce his intake. 10-12 feeders a day. You will start by gradually reducing down and over to an every other day feeding schedule by the time he is 12 months old. At that point they need to be on an every other day feeding schedule of 4-5 feeders.

I would continue to let him 'dictate' how you're feeding him, making sure you're giving him enough for full meals the way you always have. Spike is almost 8 months old and he's recently slowed down eating a little bit. But I also think it's because of "winter" coming through New Jersey. Some days he eats more than others. So I am putting enough out there in case he wants more, and dealing with the left overs accordingly.

My understanding (And I recently just asked this same question about Spike! haha) is that you won't actually slow down to every other day until they're truly adult size.

He looks AMAZING! Just like Spike!! Did you get him from Frams Chams by any chance??

View attachment 347392
Spikes looking amazing! And alright perfect Ill let my little guy dictate how much he eats haha
Also no I got my little guy after scowering all of Canada and he happened to be the first one I could get my hands on and I was so lucky he was the exact colours I had been looking for. He flew in from a small breeder in kelowna BC! What about spike? Fram chams?

Spikes looking amazing! And alright perfect Ill let my little guy dictate how much he eats haha
Also no I got my little guy after scowering all of Canada and he happened to be the first one I could get my hands on and I was so lucky he was the exact colours I had been looking for. He flew in from a small breeder in kelowna BC! What about spike? Fram chams?
Yep I bought Spike from Frams. They are so nice, and amazing there. You can tell they truly care about their Chams. Even after they get to their new homes.

Definitely pay attention to what @Beman said too though. This is my first panther, and she's way more experienced :) This is just my experience so far and it seems to be working for Spike!

Back
Top Bottom