Help!!!

Miranda

I think Chamille needs to lay some eggs. Shes ALMOST a year old and has never laid before.

I made her a dirt box, with her lights on it and she doesnt dig. How long am I suppose to leave her in it? I know they like privacy but I cant leave her alone because shes EATING the dirt!

I dont know what to do with her, she looks like shes gunna bust. :(

She should be cool just leave her to do her thing. I would put the dirtbucket in her cage and if shes gfoin gto lay youll see her dig out a tunnel.

Chamille.....

Is she in a stand alone laying container? It sounds like she is. You might try putting the material into something that will fit in her cage but be big enough to lay in, like a big plant pot. If it's in her cage she will be able to find it but if she's not quite ready she can enjoy the comfort of her normal cage. Some of my chams will lay in a stand alone egg laying container but most of mine prefer their own cage. A female can pace and do test digging for a week before she lays. There are several recent threads in the breeding section about females taking their time to lay and the stress their owner goes through waiting. If she's in her own cage she will find that big pot when she really needs it but can eat and drink like she normally does. This is a stressful time Miranda. Try to find the other threads (one by Danielle comes to mind) and you will see what she went through. It will make you feel better :)

So I dont need to worry about her eating it? Because shes done it twice now..

She is in a purple tub, thats outside of her cage. I will get a pot and put it in her cage, but Im still worried about her eating the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom