1yo Panther laid first infertile eggs

Chino82

1 year old Panther chameleon laid her first clutch of infertile eggs yesterday 9/24. A total of 43 eggs. First pic shows her when I found her digging early morning and second pic is of the eggs laid with a dime next to them for size comparison. Just wanted to get your thoughts on egg count and the size, seem normal? All eggs are nice and firm.

I made sure to provide plenty of water and she was eager to eat two dusted grasshoppers and a med sized dubia. She’s back to her favorite spot, still has her dark gravid colors, but she is alert.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpeg
    IMG_0877.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 44
Congrats to little (infertile) momma for a job well done! That seems like a lot of eggs to me, but I’m not as familiar with lady panther laying as much as I am for veileds. I would imagine it can’t be terribly different. How much and how often do you usually feed her? I feed my veiled and panther girls 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week plus occasional treats. My 2 year old panther girl has never laid eggs and my veiled girl Stella has been laying once a year, although she skipped her ’usual’ this year. Keeping basking temps no higher than 80 is also important to keep metabolism on the slower side. This explains it. http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html Regardless of species, you do want to feed your beautiful lady very well for the next couple of days and then resume/start her diet.

Well the first time my female panther laid eggs sge laid 10 similiar to the size of yours. They were infertile too. She is a very small amoblie panther. The second time, shw dug all over the place and i only found 4 but i think there was more. as long as your girl is healthy us most important.

Back
Top Bottom