Help?

ChameleonAlley

Is there any technique you all use to dig up the eggs? I know they must be fragile, and the sand around them seems packed pretty tight. Please help if you have info on this? :)

You can assume the eggs are a ways down so just scrape the top 4 or 5 inches of sand out. Then you carefully move sand away with your hand. I brush it to one side then pick that handful up and move it out of the bucket. Keep going until you see or feel eggs. Make sure you have the container they are going into next to you. Carefully move eggs one at a time into the container they will remain in until hatching. Try not to turn the eggs over as you move them from laying bin to the container. Some people put a dot on top to make sure the eggs don't get turned. I don't do this as I am a klutz, and might poke a hole in the egg.

Thank you for the help!!! It worked perfectly.

Well, here's 16 Faly eggs.

eggs2.jpg

eggs1.jpg

Now, I'm using Hatchrite. Is it correct that I do not need to add any water. It sure is much dryer than I expected it to be.

Also, I'd say 12 of the eggs look solid white and perfect shaped. About 2 look smaller but very white and solid shaped. 2 have not quite, but somewhat of a translucentness to them. What do you all think this means about those four eggs?

Thanks a ton yet again! :D

Congratulations Kevin! Did she lay in her bin or trash can?

Thanks man!! I can sigh relief now. She did the bin. I was watching her and was just about to do the trash can, but then I wasn't sure that she was even gravid. I look in her cage today and she's working on her one and only hole.

I know its hard not to watch em especially the first time they are going to lay. Great news! I am glad your trying the hatchrite I was looking at that stuff. If you are worried about the dryness of the hatch. You could put half the eggs in vermiculite and then you could see which medium works better. That way if the hatchrite is a problem you only lose half the clutch. You can move the eggs for the first few weeks. No worries there, just dont want to mess with them after the first month.

Back
Top Bottom