Would anyone be interested in working with bradypodion thamnobates

Troia

Hello all,

I’m thinking about importing some thamnobates from Europe to try to establish them again in the USA. However I know things are a little tight right now. So I’m wondering if anyone would be interested helping me establish them again before I’m stuck with 2 dozen chameleons.

I hope people will join you in establishing them in America. They are incredible and I'd love to have them available.

I was actually looking into this myself just a couple of weeks ago. I even got the license needed to import animals with USFW. Then I reached out to the most prominent breeder of Bradypodion thamnobates in EU. This guy primarily breeds two locales of Bradypodion thamnobates, Nottingham Road and Howick. I'm a sucker for the Nottingham Road look, so that's what I asked for. Unfortunately, he said that he doesn't guarantee the locale he sends. And that most likely I would be getting Howick.

I'll keep the breeder's name anonymous, at his request. He's a really nice guy and an excellent chameleon keeper and breeder.

I offered more money to guarantee the locale or to buy a larger group to see if throwing money at the problem would help, but he said that's just how he operates - not guaranteeing the locale. So we parted ways amicably. I might buy some other species from him in the future, but I really don't see any point in buying Bradypodion thamnobates unless someone new comes along and can guarantee the locale.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt it's worth the money to import thamnobates at this time.

I've spoken with @DeremensisBlue, and he said that this breeder was the only breeder he knew as well. So there's really no "secret" source out there at the moment.

It would be nice if some keepers in South Africa would breed them to the F2 generation. But that doesn't sound too promising either. Word from the grapevine tells me that there is some entity trying to accomplish this, but that it doesn't look promising at all.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you still want the name of the breeder check out some of the Bradypodion Facebook groups.

If you're looking for a small species of chameleon to keep, look into Furcifer lateralis. Similar size and are available CB, or WC if you're ready for the challenge. Or other smaller species from Madgascar.

Hello all,

I’m thinking about importing some thamnobates from Europe to try to establish them again in the USA. However I know things are a little tight right now. So I’m wondering if anyone would be interested helping me establish them again before I’m stuck with 2 dozen chameleons.
I might be interested. How many were you looking to get?

Hello! I'm new here, but am currently a panther breeder, just to establish that I'm not new to chameleons.

To answer the question... I would LOVE to do this!! I'm all about chameleons and while this one is new to me, it seems a real cool breed! What do you suggest in terms of getting started??

Hello! I'm new here, but am currently a panther breeder, just to establish that I'm not new to chameleons.

To answer the question... I would LOVE to do this!! I'm all about chameleons and while this one is new to me, it seems a real cool breed! What do you suggest in terms of getting started??
Also, where are you located out of?

Back
Top Bottom