Help please

Denaixoxo

my flapped neck chameleon won't eat much or won't poop I've had it for about 5 months and I'm not really sure of the species but I believe it's a girl. I'm very worried about my chameleon so if anyone knows anything please help.

Please fill out the how to ask for help form. Here is a link https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

We cannot even begin to help you just based on the information you have given!! It is in the best interest of your cham that you use as much detail as possible! Pictures always help as well!! If you do not know what kind of cham you have we will definitely need pictures of it so we can give you the correct information for your species

image.jpg
image.jpg
Please fill out the how to ask for help form. Here is a link https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

We cannot even begin to help you just based on the information you have given!! It is in the best interest of your cham that you use as much detail as possible! Pictures always help as well!! If you do not know what kind of cham you have we will definitely need pictures of it so we can give you the correct information for your species

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Flapped neck chameleon, I think it's female and I've had it for 5 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? A few times because anytime I put my hand in the cage to feed her she climbs out and then eats
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?i feed her some crickets I also feed her super worms, but lately she won't eat much of anything
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I have rep-cal with d3 and today I just got reptivite I try to remember to use it but she's been in my boyfriends care before I moved her to my house due to hurricane Irma
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a spray bottle and I spray the whole tank and anytime I do I always see her drinking the water
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She hasn't had any recent droppings
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Glass with a screen lid
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a uvb lamps
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I'm not sure
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I'm not sure
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No I have artificial
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? I have a 10 gallon tank and it's not near any vents. It's about half of the height of a bed room dresser
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Florida

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
She will not eat very much and has not had any recent droppings.

Wow!! I am very confused because I want to say it is a panther by the shape of the 2 crests on the head, but she has the color of a veild o_O

Some help here @Andee @Kristen Wilkins and @ anyone else????

I do think she looks to be gravid though but I may be wrong

image.jpg
Wow!! I am very confused because I want to say it is a panther by the shape of the 2 crests on the head, but she has the color of a veild o_O

Some help here @Andee @Kristen Wilkins and @ anyone else????

I do think she looks to be gravid though but I may be wrong
I'm still not sure of the age of her and all she does when she's in her cage is stay in one spot

Chameleons need a lot of branches at all different levels in the cage and live plants for them to feel safe

Chameleons need a lot of branches at all different levels in the cage and live plants for them to feel safe
Okay but even when she was at my boyfriends house he had the cage set up the same way with two plants that weren't live and the branch

Well it is set up wrong and that is a lot of your problem .I told you about the branches and live plants. Do they have UVB lighting?

Well it is set up wrong and that is a lot of your problem .I told you about the branches and live plants. Do they have UVB lighting?
Yes I have a uvb light. I do appreciate you're help but this is my first chameleon so if it's set up wrong that wasn't my intention

Yes we will help, but we can't without the information we need. So again please fill out the how to ask for help form. She looks gravid, and if she cannot lay she will become egg bound and die

Yes we will help, but we can't without the information we need. So again please fill out the how to ask for help form. She looks gravid, and if she cannot lay she will become egg bound and die
What else do I need to fill out for the ask for help. What am I supposed to do if she is gravid ?

There are a lot of things you'll need to do to help her out if she is gravid.

First, you'll need to set up a laying bin. Credits to Dez for the thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

This helped me a lot when I had a gravid k. multi during her first clutch. I was nervous beyond belief, but we made it through okay.

She is going to need way more privacy. She can not see you when she is digging and laying.

@Katacara

They posted the stuff in the quote from you:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Flapped neck chameleon, I think it's female and I've had it for 5 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? A few times because anytime I put my hand in the cage to feed her she climbs out and then eats
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?i feed her some crickets I also feed her super worms, but lately she won't eat much of anything
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I have rep-cal with d3 and today I just got reptivite I try to remember to use it but she's been in my boyfriends care before I moved her to my house due to hurricane Irma
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a spray bottle and I spray the whole tank and anytime I do I always see her drinking the water
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She hasn't had any recent droppings
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Glass with a screen lid
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a uvb lamps
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I'm not sure
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I'm not sure
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? I have a 10 gallon tank and it's not near any vents. It's about half of the height of a bed room dresser

I'm going to take some stuff that I noticed wrong here, feel free to chime in when needed.

Katacara it's in her quote under the picture in her third post.

@Denaixoxo do you know when she last pooped is? She looks honestly like she needs to lay. And she is a an egglaying species so you need a bin. She needs probably a 12 by 12 sand and soil mixture. She is not a flapneck btw, she is a senegal

There are a lot of things you'll need to do to help her out if she is gravid.

First, you'll need to set up a laying bin. Credits to Dez for the thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

This helped me a lot when I had a gravid k. multi during her first clutch. I was nervous beyond belief, but we made it through okay.

She is going to need way more privacy. She can not see you when she is digging and laying.

@Katacara

They posted the stuff in the quote from you:

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

I'm going to take some stuff that I noticed wrong here, feel free to chime in when needed.
I'm willing to listen to anything

Katacara it's in her quote under the picture in her third post.

@Denaixoxo do you know when she last pooped is? She looks honestly like she needs to lay. And she is a an egglaying species so you need a bin. She needs probably a 12 by 12 sand and soil mixture. She is not a flapneck btw, she is a senegal
When I got her they didn't know what species she was and how old she is. And before hurricane Irma I believe I'm not exactly sure she's only been at my house for a few days

Back
Top Bottom