Help please

Some thoughts for the meantime...The UVB won't do any good if it passes through glass.
If you place the basking light on one end on the screen lid it will help airflow.

Last edited:
Whatever wattage that puts the basking temperature in the low to mid 80's but that's going to be a little hard to do in that small aof a cage without making the whole cage too hot....so I really don't know for sure. The chameleon needs some temperature variation in different areas of the cage.

Whatever wattage that puts the basking temperature in the low to mid 80's but that's going to be a little hard to do in that small aof a cage without making the whole cage too hot....so I really don't know for sure. The chameleon needs some temperature variation in different areas of the cage.
Okay thank you for everything this was really helpful

IMG_0746.PNG
You're welcome.
I found this on line there's this one and the dimensions of it is 18x20x12 is that to small

I agree honestly you have a rather large girl, preferably go for at least an 18x18x24 if you can afford it bigger. She will use it more than you think. I may have an idea for short term but I will have to look into possibilities of what is available <3

I agree honestly you have a rather large girl, preferably go for at least an 18x18x24 if you can afford it bigger. She will use it more than you think. I may have an idea for short term but I will have to look into possibilities of what is available <3
For her laying bin so I just put washed playing sand or do I mix it with soil ?

Usually doing around a 50/50 or 25/50 play sand/eco earth mix is best. It seems to help with finicky behavior with the girls.

image.jpg
Usually doing around a 50/50 or 25/50 play sand/eco earth mix is best. It seems to help with finicky behavior with the girls.
this is her new cage and the laying bin next to the cage for now. She doesn't seem to want to really go in it

If she doesn't have a place to lay the eggs that she has access to she can/will become egg bound and die.
If she misses "the time" to lay her eggs the hormones won't be enough for her to be stimulated to lay the eggs.
If she doesn't have enough calcium in her blood/bones the contractions will be weak too.
If she sees you watching her when/if she does dig she will likely abandon the hole and become eggbound.
By the time these things are realized the female is often too weak to be helped.

More cover/greenery would definitely be good too.

If she doesn't have a place to lay the eggs that she has access to she can/will become egg bound and die.
If she misses "the time" to lay her eggs the hormones won't be enough for her to be stimulated to lay the eggs.
If she doesn't have enough calcium in her blood/bones the contractions will be weak too.
If she sees you watching her when/if she does dig she will likely abandon the hole and become eggbound.
By the time these things are realized the female is often too weak to be helped.

More cover/greenery would definitely be good too.
I put the bin back in the cage and put towels all around and out the vine and the leaves going in to the bin

I've never seen a chameleon sticking it's tongue out while in the egglaying bin.
Can you post a photo of her if she continues to do it please?

Back
Top Bottom