HELP NEW CHAMELEON NOT EATING

some chameleons are shy eaters , I would cover the cage and give it some privacy . count how many feeders you add the feeder run , that way you know if it ate any .

try a variety of bugs and if that does not work just hope that he/she will eat once she has adapted. Im still new to chameleons so this might not help :p

Appreciate I just got her new wax worms and a new enclosure and proper husbandry and she’s eatinnnnnn?
She should not be eating just wax worms these are treats only because they are extremely high in fat and can not be gutloaded.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

Bsfl small crickets and i will soon order small dubias
Ok make sure you make the changes that @MissSkittles suggested in your husbandry form.

One thing to note about the enclosure. I would suggest getting aluminum window screen for the top and replacing that panel. What you are using now will have a different reduction of UVB... It is important to make sure the UVB lighting is correct but that the UVI level at basking is also the same. Standard we all use the aluminum screen so this is what your levels will be based on when we tell you basking so many inches from this fixture with this bulb. Otherwise if your current screen reduces further or the opposite your levels will be off.

Ok make sure you make the changes that @MissSkittles suggested in your husbandry form.

One thing to note about the enclosure. I would suggest getting aluminum window screen for the top and replacing that panel. What you are using now will have a different reduction of UVB... It is important to make sure the UVB lighting is correct but that the UVI level at basking is also the same. Standard we all use the aluminum screen so this is what your levels will be based on when we tell you basking so many inches from this fixture with this bulb. Otherwise if your current screen reduces further or the opposite your levels will be off.
im aware i bought a whole new enclosure for her the other day with everything skittles suggested + more

im aware i bought a whole new enclosure for her the other day with everything skittles suggested + more
I find feeder runs like this one are very good to use. Only takes them a few days to understand that this is where their food is. Load it up with feeders so they see the movement. Put it at basking level so they have an eye line into it and make sure there is easy access with a branch close to it.
www.tkchameleons.com

I bought from the critter depot, I’m in Washington, all feeders alive arrived in 2-3 days after being shipped.

I ordered supers and bsfl

Back
Top Bottom