HELP NEW CHAMELEON NOT EATING

Not sure that ordering crickets would work great, they seem to be not very hardy and also canabalistic
What do you mean by this? All crickets will chew on each other especially when they do not have enough food and space. Banded crickets are extremely hardy.

What do you mean by this? All crickets will chew on each other especially when they do not have enough food and space. Banded crickets are extremely hardy.
Then I probably have just not gotten banded crickets but another kind.
I just hate how they eat each other it’s kinda gross and also sad.

live feeders also is it normal for a temp drop after misting the enclosure room temp water
I order from a few different places. Dubiaroaches is shipping orders pretty quickly right now. Rainbowmealworms is delayed up to 2 weeks on shipping out... morifeeders sells silkworms and there is no delay as long as they have stock in. You can order overnight if you wish but it gets pricey. I have been doing fedex 2 day shipping. Little less expensive.

I got ones that were too large for my chameleon to eat by accident, then just figured why not try to breed them, but they ended up snacking on each others legs even with food in there and I couldn’t stand it so we dumped them outside
That is just part of having crickets as feeders. I rarely have this issue with banded crickets. But they will go after the weaker ones.

That is just part of having crickets as feeders. I rarely have this issue with banded crickets. But they will go after the weaker ones.
Yeah. well there were like half dead crickets missing entire legs flipped on their backs and it was just to sad. So I had to dump them outside

I thought they had a decent amount of space. There were only like 60 as well, soooo yeah
Do you think she is stressed
image.jpg

She does look a bit stressed to me. I think once you’ve gotten everything set up properly, she’ll be so much happier. One of my ladies when I first got her had to spend some time in a small 16x16x30” enclosure until I could get and set up her 2x2x4’ and she was always a muddy brown color. Once she got in and adjusted to her new and proper enclosure, her beautiful greens came out and she has been stunning ever since.

She does look a bit stressed to me. I think once you’ve gotten everything set up properly, she’ll be so much happier. One of my ladies when I first got her had to spend some time in a small 16x16x30” enclosure until I could get and set up her 2x2x4’ and she was always a muddy brown color. Once she got in and adjusted to her new and proper enclosure, her beautiful greens came out and she has been stunning ever since.
Okay any recommendations to her enclosure now
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’ve been missing her 3 times a day for 2 min avg temp is about 81f she’s been eating a little more not a lot but a little is better than none I’ve only handled her to move her around the enclosure if I’ve added or removed anything

Yeah I’m just waiting now I got a little one temporarily
anything you know of to lower her stress levels I think one of the things might be that I’m in the same room as her often since it’s my bedroom and I know new chameleons don’t like being watched do u think

This is my Stella when I first got her and she was in the small enclosure. Pic of the small enclosure too.
AFC61CDC-890F-49F0-BEA3-642853EC04BB.jpeg 862A1B4F-B07B-4391-93B1-FFBC2A21333D.jpeg
This is a couple of weeks later when I got her in her big enclosure and the enclosure. *note that all of the fake plants were removed once real plants grew in.
5CD2ECB3-83AD-4B9E-BED6-39A9A68863B5.jpeg B124389E-A063-4A11-A04C-D6327309B73C.jpeg
This is to compare the enclosure sizes.
F0A7063B-21EF-4E9E-B314-DC28EDAA815F.jpeg
Btw, Stella has become almost neon green once she matured fully

This is my Stella when I first got her and she was in the small enclosure. Pic of the small enclosure too.
View attachment 277094View attachment 277095
This is a couple of weeks later when I got her in her big enclosure and the enclosure. *note that all of the fake plants were removed once real plants grew in.
View attachment 277096View attachment 277097
This is to compare the enclosure sizes.
View attachment 277098
Btw, Stella has become almost neon green once she matured fully
I would love to get my girl a 2x2x4 but I don’t have the money for that unfortunately and so the reason she might be dark is just her age

Back
Top Bottom