HELP NEW CHAMELEON NOT EATING

I would love to get my girl a 2x2x4 but I don’t have the money for that unfortunately and so the reason she might be dark is just her age
Another thing when I got her from petco she was in a small enclosure glass too not good at all and she had a water bowl there she was bright green now in a better enclosure gets misted and feed better she’s darker and stressed just a lil confusing

For the sake of economy, I got the Repti Breeze which is a reasonable price and not a terrible enclosure. Some make their own from scratch and some pick up old curio and hutches cheap and modify it to a beautiful enclosure.

Another thing when I got her from petco she was in a small enclosure glass too not good at all and she had a water bowl there she was bright green now in a better enclosure gets misted and feed better she’s darker and stressed just a lil confusing
Same with Stella. No idea why they’re bright green at Petco. I still haven’t quite figured out various stress colorations. Sometimes they go dark and sometimes they go bright.

Same with Stella. No idea why they’re bright green at Petco. I still haven’t quite figured out various stress colorations. Sometimes they go dark and sometimes they go bright.
Yeah it’s weird a terrible enclosure to a decent or great one and there like stressed ?

Do you think she is stressedView attachment 277089
I highly recommend pulling all of those silk plants... With fake plants you get risk of impaction because they eat their plants. But with the ones that you are using from a floral store those are high risk for impaction because they can pull the pieces off so easily. If you need to use anything fake right now it should be made for reptiles only as they are made stronger. Although I am a firm believer in no fake plants and all real ones only especially for Veileds.

As much as I want to get her real plants I don’t have money I spent it all on her enclosure and stuff but as soon as I get paid I do plan on getting real ones the fake are temporary

I’m so happy she is bright green happy eating drinking
image.jpg

As much as I want to get her real plants I don’t have money I spent it all on her enclosure and stuff but as soon as I get paid I do plan on getting real ones the fake are temporary
Do you have any friends or family who have a pothos? They are super easy to root from clippings...just set in a glass of water and plant when you see some roots growing. Same with philodendron and wandering Jew. I try to buy the biggest/fullest pothos I can find and then separate it into 2-3 plants.

And that is fine. But pull the fake flower silk ones those are extremely dangerous. If she pulls one off she will not be able to pass it and will become impacted.

What is the best way I could get her slowly used to me
Sometimes I just open the enclosure door and stand there with my hands behind my back and try not to make direct eye contact for more than a second. It’s just to let my chams know that I’m not going to try and eat them. I do hand feed silkworms also. My females have no problem with my hand in their space as long as it has a tasty morsel. My young male is still hesitant so I make sure not to invade his space and just patiently wait for him to take it. Sometimes I have to look away or he won’t take it.

Sometimes I just open the enclosure door and stand there with my hands behind my back and try not to make direct eye contact for more than a second. It’s just to let my chams know that I’m not going to try and eat them. I do hand feed silkworms also. My females have no problem with my hand in their space as long as it has a tasty morsel. My young male is still hesitant so I make sure not to invade his space and just patiently wait for him to take it. Sometimes I have to look away or he won’t take it.
Okay yeah mine is staring to cup feed with my hand in the enclosure I’m wanna work on building trust so I’m cup feeding then I wanna hand feed and move up to feeding out of the enclosure also what’s a website where I can get feeders cheap with cheap shipping

Okay yeah mine is staring to cup feed with my hand in the enclosure I’m wanna work on building trust so I’m cup feeding then I wanna hand feed and move up to feeding out of the enclosure also what’s a website where I can get feeders cheap with cheap shipping
Also quick question what does it mean when a cham mouth is open

Maybe too hot then but the enclosure is only 85 so idk
How are you measuring the basking temp? The pic you posted yesterday the vine is very close to the fixture.... Females really should be kept at 79-80 max. Is she doing it when she is under the fixture?

Back
Top Bottom