Help Me!

People, slow down, your giving the OP info that may not be correct. First, the OP should probably purchase a 24" fixture which will use 22" tubes and will be needed when upgrading to 48" tall cage. Second, should probably be a two or four tube fixture. One tube being for UVI 5, 6, 10 or 12% and the other(s) 6500k depending on how high above the cage it is mounted and distance to the basking area.

OP will also need a separate basking light, preferably setup with a dimmer to control temp output. I recommend going to the sponsor section for additional help. Light Your Reptiles, is a great source for
more info. Call or email them.

People, slow down, your giving the OP info that may not be correct. First, the OP should probably purchase a 24" fixture which will use 22" tubes and will be needed when upgrading to 48" tall cage. Second, should probably be a two or four tube fixture. One tube being for UVI 5, 6, 10 or 12% and the other(s) 6500k depending on how high above the cage it is mounted and distance to the basking area.

OP will also need a separate basking light, preferably setup with a dimmer to control temp output. I recommend going to the sponsor section for additional help. Light Your Reptiles, is a great source for

@mkeBob with all do respect anyone whom has chimed in here are exceptional keepers , with correct inf/advice . @cyberlocc was asked me a question it was a simple over look on what was linked by @JoXie411 on my part . This op does not need your confusion saying bad info is being given .

People, slow down, your giving the OP info that may not be correct.

Ya were not lol.

First, the OP should probably purchase a 24" fixture which will use 22" tubes and will be needed when upgrading to 48" tall cage.

Already told them.... Also why are you assuming he will get a 48 inch tall cage? If he sticks with Glass it will be 36 tall.

Second, should probably be a two or four tube fixture. One tube being for UVI 5, 6, 10 or 12% and the other(s) 6500k depending on how high above the cage it is mounted and distance to the basking area.

Flo lights, are extremely unnatural, Energy Inefficient, Spikey, Dirty spectrum IMO. Grow lights are another subject for the OP, once he gets husbandry item correct. At that point, I would point him to LEDs, Flos are not good plant lighting.

OP will also need a separate basking light, preferably setup with a dimmer to control temp output.

He already has one.... Did you not read the OP? He doesn't need a dimmer, a dimmer is a convenience if you cant get the right temps, with bulb wattage's available. Its not a "Needed" thing.

I recommend going to the sponsor section for additional help. Light Your Reptiles, is a great source for

Again not really needed, he can if he wants to though, not much sense in wasting Todds time, when we have quite a few lighting Gurus on the forums.

Last edited:
Ya were not lol.

Already told them.... Also why are you assuming he will get a 48 inch tall cage? If he sticks with Glass it will be 36 tall.

Flo lights, are extremely unnatural, Energy Inefficient, Spikey, Dirty spectrum IMO. Grow lights are another subject for the OP, once he gets husbandry item correct. At that point, I would point him to LEDs, Flos are not good plant lighting.

He already has one.... Did you not read the OP? He doesn't need a dimmer, a dimmer is a convenience if you cant get the right temps, with bulb wattage's available. Its not a "Needed" thing.

Again not really needed, he can if he wants to though, not much sense in wasting Todds time, when we have quite a few lighting Gurus on the forums.
Thank you @cyberlocc , To clarify I thought Jozette linked the vivsun , that was my bad for looking quickly . The vivsun comes with 6500k I have a few of there quad fixtures . I never said he was to use that light . Only it comes with that and he needs to get a separate uvb . Op can choose size and what fixture holds , etc . for the uvb they are either 6 month or one year replaced depends on brand . I personally use Arcadia lighting uvb and grow . does not mean op has to .

Ya were not lol.

Not that this is important, but I'm a she :LOL:
Unless you're referring to my chameleon? Then whoops!

I'm going to order the one that was recommended for me if that is ok? If not, please suggest something else with a link. ((( :

Thank you for helping me figure this out for Pascal! I want him to have the best life I can offer and the advice and help that all of you have offered is helpful. I am more than grateful. I honestly would be completely lost without this forum site.

Thank you @cyberlocc , To clarify I thought Jozette linked the vivsun , that was my bad for looking quickly . The vivsun comes with 6500k I have a few of there quad fixtures . I never said he was to use that light . Only it comes with that and he needs to get a separate uvb . Op can choose size and what fixture holds , etc . for the uvb they are either 6 month or one year replaced depends on brand . I personally use Arcadia lighting uvb and grow . does not mean op has to .
I’m not Growling at you @cyberlocc either that’s seemed as I might be . I’m absolutely not .

OH IK, I seen the first comment, where you said the Vivisun, NP at all :) Also the Reptisun didn't all come with a bulb until like late 2017 I believe. Most, all of stock so old it didn't have a bulb should be gone now though, I didn't know, if you just hadn't bought on in a while.

I'm going to order the one that was recommended for me if that is ok? If not, please suggest something else with a link. ((( :

Thank you for helping me figure this out for Pascal! I want him to have the best life I can offer and the advice and help that all of you have offered is helpful. I am more than grateful. I honestly would be completely lost without this forum site.

That fixture you were linked is just fine, if you want to add T5 grow lights, then you can look at the Vivisun fixture that Kristen is talking about. I would personally use some kind of LEDs for that aspect personally though.

Sorry, I meant and tried to make unisex statements, looks like I failed.

You know I was thinking I sure hope this is not a she ;) , So am I lol .

If you have any confusion on lighting after your last posting please don’t hesitate on asking . @cyberlocc @JoXie411 @CamoChameleonsHuman @Brodybreaux25 are fantastic with lighting . @cyberlocc and @GoodKarma19 use glass as well and are super knowledgeable will not steer you wrong .

OH IK, I seen the first comment, where you said the Vivisun, NP at all :) Also the Reptisun didn't all come with a bulb until like late 2017 I believe. Most, all of stock so old it didn't have a bulb should be gone now though, I didn't know, if you just hadn't bought on in a while.

That fixture you were linked is just fine, if you want to add T5 grow lights, then you can look at the Vivisun fixture that Kristen is talking about. I would personally use some kind of LEDs for that aspect personally though.

You are perfectly fine! It's hard to know someone's gender over the internet :ROFLMAO:

Lol I don’t use reptisun for the Chams . I had Todd’s lighting . (quad fixtures spent a fortune). I will never recommend him do to my own personal experience with his product. Not knowledge (soli product) .

Ya were not lol.

There he goes again XD!

@hiddenflaws
If you want, you could keep me updated on Pascal and I could send you some pictures of George, who is also a low translucent and who looked just like that when he was a baby :love:...
I might just do it now...
7B2F8A9D-409D-41E2-B605-B3C923105321.jpeg
DB3326BD-74C2-4D29-B2EB-877EEEF6E874.jpeg
4A3B674F-DA54-4684-A55C-106EAB91248F.jpeg
F64A3F4D-3A5B-46D0-A0A3-9F43ED36D0EA.jpeg
A48FCA7A-F953-4C02-BFE7-20749CCF1C6A.jpeg
40FE4447-33D6-4A7B-B177-0B10E271E6C0.jpeg
99A50925-8124-4546-A9F8-72A02C2916C9.jpeg
5075EB76-F987-4AAB-B445-3CCDC290095C.jpeg

@hiddenflaws
If you want, you could keep me updated on Pascal and I could send you some pictures of George, who is also a low translucent and who looked just like that when he was a baby :love:...
I might just do it now...
View attachment 259180View attachment 259181View attachment 259182View attachment 259183View attachment 259185View attachment 259186View attachment 259187View attachment 259188
The feet ❤️. I just love the feet of Low translucent . I’m happy to be seeing a few more . The Queen was the first I had seen .

The feet ❤. I just love the feet of Low translucent . I’m happy to be seeing a few more . The Queen was the first I had seen .
Yess and BTW... maybe I am a weird person but I kept the feet to monitor how they grow and I also made an « art » thing with it XD
I’ll show you in a minute
image.jpg
image.jpg

The 3 feets on right side are from Georges from firt time shedding to maybe a year old. On left side is one of Eddie my rescue :)
@Kristen-wilkins

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom