Help Me!

Their divas !!. I love my girls !!. I love all them the girls are special however . So underrated I think .

I won't be getting a female until I learn more about these animals. I want to be more prepared and I think a male would be a great start for me. It'll be a couple of years before I get a female. Maybe sooner, but it all depends on my situation and how prepared I am to have a female. Pascal will be my only chameleon for now. Would love to get more in the future though. Right now I am happy with him. :)

I won't be getting a female until I learn more about these animals. I want to be more prepared and I think a male would be a great start for me. It'll be a couple of years before I get a female. Maybe sooner, but it all depends on my situation and how prepared I am to have a female. Pascal will be my only chameleon for now. Would love to get more in the future though. Right now I am happy with him. :)
Keeping is a very addictive hobby . Expensive and addictive lol , Some never keep females , To scared . More that can go wrong , even with the best husbandry the little girls can have troubles . It’s completely up to you , your Comfort and what you can provide .

Our first introductory was a female ( Frances ) veiled sassy , bossy , rules galore beautiful ❤️. My boys went in for Leo food and came home with Frances . That’s when my love for veiled began ,along with finding this forum . My boys quickly became terrified of her , imagine that 6+ foot boys being terrified of a little thing as she was . That’s was lovely to her perfect !!. She was also very sick . I quickly learned her care as well as I would own a rescue with my retirement. Nearly 5 years has passed . I can not imagine life with out these Little gems .

Keeping is a very addictive hobby . Expensive and addictive lol , Some never keep females , To scared . More that can go wrong , even with the best husbandry the little girls can have troubles . It’s completely up to you , your Comfort and what you can provide .

Our first introductory was a female ( Frances ) veiled sassy , bossy , rules galore beautiful ❤. My boys went in for Leo food and came home with Frances . That’s when my love for veiled began ,along with finding this forum . My boys quickly became terrified of her , imagine that 6+ foot boys being terrified of a little thing as she was . That’s was lovely to her perfect !!. She was also very sick . I quickly learned her care as well as I would own a rescue with my retirement. Nearly 5 years has passed . I can not imagine life with out these Little gems .

That sounds so funny. I'm 5' tall, small, and 20 years old so everyone is usually bigger than me. I'll be holding 'scary looking' animals and people who are 6 feet tall or close will be standing far away from me. My bf is pretty calm around it though which still surprises me since he's a big baby. He knew how badly I've been wanting one so Pascal was my birthday gift from him. He won't hold it, but he'll do other things for it such as help feed and mist him. He thinks he's the cutest thing in the world :ROFLMAO:
Right now I'm trying to get some live plants for his cage. Planning on ordering some Monday when I order that UVB lamp along with a live moss vine. I know that I am getting a ficus tree. I haven't decided whether I want one for just his husbandry or for that and a free range area.

That sounds so funny. I'm 5' tall, small, and 20 years old so everyone is usually bigger than me. I'll be holding 'scary looking' animals and people who are 6 feet tall or close will be standing far away from me. My bf is pretty calm around it though which still surprises me since he's a big baby. He knew how badly I've been wanting one so Pascal was my birthday gift from him. He won't hold it, but he'll do other things for it such as help feed and mist him. He thinks he's the cutest thing in the world :ROFLMAO:
Right now I'm trying to get some live plants for his cage. Planning on ordering some Monday when I order that UVB lamp along with a live moss vine. I know that I am getting a ficus tree. I haven't decided whether I want one for just his husbandry or for that and a free range area.
Pothos hold up well too . Easy care and get real leggy you can wrap around branches etc . Hibiscus are beautiful but temperamental need the right lighting and are prone to bugs . They are beautiful however if you have a bit of a green thumb . What did you decided on lighting ??.

We have several babies . Frances was the only they have been afraid of . We hatched a few 2 years ago this June . My son did a fantastic job with them through the summer . My hubs has been home since June on a work injury has had 2 back sergers since aug last being a full Fusion, hes been pretty immobile . He spends a tremendous amount of time with them . They have been amazing therapy for Craig .

Pothos hold up well too . Easy care and get real leggy you can wrap around branches etc . Hibiscus are beautiful but temperamental need the right lighting and are prone to bugs . They are beautiful however if you have a bit of a green thumb . What did you decided on lighting ??.

We have several babies . Frances was the only they have been afraid of . We hatched a few 2 years ago this June . My son did a fantastic job with them through the summer . My hubs has been home since June on a work injury has had 2 back sergers since aug last being a full Fusion, hes been pretty immobile . He spends a tremendous amount of time with them . They have been amazing therapy for Craig .

I decided to go with the light that @JoXie411 had linked unless something else catches my eye. I will look into those!
Hope your husband gets better soon!

That’s a great choice .

Would love to get your opinion on a new terrarium I am planning on upgrading to.
https://www.thebiodude.com/collecti...-18-glass-terrarium-includes-freight-shipping

I'm planning on sticking to glass due to the fact that it can get pretty cold in our room and glass will trap the heat better. We always monitor his temp several times a day and it stays between 75-80 F. I did look at a screen cage at first but then decided I wanted glass and this one looked pretty great IMO. Especially since we have a 2 year old that comes over and she's very curious of any animal she sees. I have to baby sit her tomorrow and although I know she can't get to him, I am still very nervous since it will be the first time she sees him. When I had hamsters, she would always try to lift the lid and grab them as if they were nothing. They stayed in a four feet long and 2 feet tall tank that we had made. Ofc only one stayed in it and I only kept one hamster at a time. Decided that I did not want to keep hamsters anymore after my last one past away. She made me want to pull my hair out since she was a pro at escaping no matter what we did to prevent it. I much rather have gerbils anyways when it comes to rodents. Love them so much.

Would love to get your opinion on a new terrarium I am planning on upgrading to.
https://www.thebiodude.com/collecti...-18-glass-terrarium-includes-freight-shipping

I'm planning on sticking to glass due to the fact that it can get pretty cold in our room and glass will trap the heat better. We always monitor his temp several times a day and it stays between 75-80 F. I did look at a screen cage at first but then decided I wanted glass and this one looked pretty great IMO. Especially since we have a 2 year old that comes over and she's very curious of any animal she sees. I have to baby sit her tomorrow and although I know she can't get to him, I am still very nervous since it will be the first time she sees him. When I had hamsters, she would always try to lift the lid and grab them as if they were nothing. They stayed in a four feet long and 2 feet tall tank that we had made. Ofc only one stayed in it and I only kept one hamster at a time. Decided that I did not want to keep hamsters anymore after my last one past away. She made me want to pull my hair out since she was a pro at escaping no matter what we did to prevent it. I much rather have gerbils anyways when it comes to rodents. Love them so much.
I love love love the biodude !!. Our Leo’s excluder we just did over bioactive and used his kit .
Don’t be afraid of glass , do what’s best for your climate and circumstance .
you can not go wrong with exo terra in my opinion. We use them for all our beardie’s . Both @GoodKarma19 and @cyberlocc use glass . @GoodKarma19 is working on a boosting for her oldest girl . Also recently finished her babies . If you have a sec check out the threads .

I love love love the biodude !!. Our Leo’s excluder we just did over bioactive and used his kit .
Don’t be afraid of glass , do what’s best for your climate and circumstance .
you can not go wrong with exo terra in my opinion. We use them for all our beardie’s . Both @GoodKarma19 and @cyberlocc use glass . @GoodKarma19 is working on a boosting for her oldest girl . Also recently finished her babies . If you have a sec check out the threads .

Yay! I was hoping you'd agree. I love the appearance and such of it!
Also, yes. I love him as well. I found him on youtube when I was doing research on chameleons before I got Pascal.
He's the reason why I'm getting a ficus actually. I stay on the site lately and my cart is filled with stuff for my chameleon :ROFLMAO:
When do you think would be a good time to order it and upgrade for Pascal?

Yay! I was hoping you'd agree. I love the appearance and such of it!
Also, yes. I love him as well. I found him on youtube when I was doing research on chameleons before I got Pascal.
He's the reason why I'm getting a ficus actually. I stay on the site lately and my cart is filled with stuff for my chameleon :ROFLMAO:
When do you think would be a good time to order it and upgrade for Pascal?
When ever you feel like it ❤️. Do you plan on bioactive ?? If so and depending how crazy you plan to get you may need a little time . Also it’s always good to have it running a few weeks .

I am leaning towards a bioactive setup, yes. Still have to do A LOT of research. Any advice you have would be very helpful and super appreciated! I don't plan to get too crazy. I guess it all depends on how I feel about it later on down the road? Right now Pascal seems to be pretty happy with his current set up and I plan to keep this temporary one for a few months. Possibly till July? Unless I get the new exo terra sooner. I have a jar of money set for him and I have $144 in it already that goes towards his new set up. Will be taking out some for the new UVB light on Monday. I am more than eager to get everything all together before my next semester starts late August. Right now I'm just trying to do everything I can to get the extra money.

I am leaning towards a bioactive setup, yes. Still have to do A LOT of research. Any advice you have would be very helpful and super appreciated! I don't plan to get too crazy. I guess it all depends on how I feel about it later on down the road? Right now Pascal seems to be pretty happy with his current set up and I plan to keep this temporary one for a few months. Possibly till July? Unless I get the new exo terra sooner. I have a jar of money set for him and I have $144 in it already that goes towards his new set up. Will be taking out some for the new UVB light on Monday. I am more than eager to get everything all together before my next semester starts late August. Right now I'm just trying to do everything I can to get the extra money.

There’s certain keepers I would recommend to help you with bio active . I’m just starting mine for the chameleon’s . @Brodybreaux25 is a wonderful mentor @jamest0o0 if he’s around is amazing , @cyberlocc @JoXie411 just did Larry’s and @GoodKarma19 . All the above would be much better in that area then I . I can help you with plants , planting lighting , and pascals health , feeders etc . I just do not know enough about bioactive to really steer you correctly .

There’s certain keepers I would recommend to help you with bio active . I’m just starting mine for the chameleon’s . @Brodybreaux25 is a wonderful mentor @jamest0o0 if he’s around is amazing , @cyberlocc @JoXie411 just did Larry’s and @GoodKarma19 . All the above would be much better in that area then I . I can help you with plants , planting lighting , and pascals health , feeders etc . I just do not know enough about bioactive to really steer you correctly .

I've seen all of them around except @jamest0o0 . All seem to be great people.
Also, what does OP mean? There are actually a few terms on here that I don't know the meaning of. :oops:

I've seen all of them around except @jamest0o0 . All seem to be great people.
Also, what does OP mean? There are actually a few terms on here that I don't know the meaning of. :oops:
Original poster ❤️. James has not been around . He has 2 little ones but if he is definitely hit him up . He’s our resident bug man . He’s not warm and fuzzy ;) but boy is he knowledgeable he will help you providing he has time .

Original poster ❤. James has not been around . He has 2 little ones but if he is definitely hit him up . He’s our resident bug man . He’s not warm and fuzzy ;) but boy is he knowledgeable he will help you providing he has time .

He must have his hands full!
Thank you for all the information that you have offered to me! You have been super kind and a great person to chat with!
I will definitely message you if I have any more questions and even update with pics of Pascal as he gets older if you're interested!
Please feel free to message me anytime! Would love to keep in touch. Especially as I go though my journey of raising my first chameleon. :)

He must have his hands full!
Thank you for all the information that you have offered to me! You have been super kind and a great person to chat with!
I will definitely message you if I have any more questions and even update with pics of Pascal as he gets older if you're interested!
Please feel free to message me anytime! Would love to keep in touch. Especially as I go though my journey of raising my first chameleon. :)
Oh trust we all love love love pics . Absolutely any time you have questions reach out . If I can’t answer a question I can get help no prob . Happy to hear the site has been helpful .

Yess and BTW... maybe I am a weird person but I kept the feet to monitor how they grow and I also made an « art » thing with it XD
I’ll show you in a minuteView attachment 259197View attachment 259199
The 3 feets on right side are from Georges from firt time shedding to maybe a year old. On left side is one of Eddie my rescue :)
@Kristen-wilkins
Cast that in epoxy or sandwich between two pieces of acrylic?

Back
Top Bottom