Help Me!

hiddenflaws

Avid Member
Hi! I am new to owning a chameleon and you might have seen a few of my post on here in the past few days!
I got Pascal on February 18th of this month and I am still learning about his habits and personality.
I would love for some advice and for some questions to be answered!
My cham came from Petsmartand the lady told me she was feeding him 2-3 small crickets a day (???)
She had no idea how old he is so if anyone could help me figure out his age, please do!
I would also love to make sure that he is a male. Although, I am 95% sure that he is!
I noticed that he is also wobbling. He was doing this the first day I got him, so I assume that it has to do with the conditions he was on before.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon – His name is Pascal! I believe he is a male veiled chameleon. Maybe 1-2 months old? 2-3? I’m not sure the lady didn’t tell me and I am still learning about these animals. ;;
  • Handling – I got him on February 18 of this month and I’ve been trying to let him adapt to his cage mostly so I haven’t handled him as much. Maybe only a couple of times. When I do hold him, I move slow and hold my hand out flat for him to walk on.
  • Feeding - I feed him small crickets, but I also have small superworms for him to eat. I feed him 10 crickets a day. I’ve given him a superworm before, but he usually doesn’t care too much for them. I really need to know his age so I can know more about how much to feed and so on. The lady was feeding him 2-3 crickets a day and she only did this in the morning from what she told me which I don’t believe is right for him and might have to do with why he is so wobbly?
  • Supplements – I coat every cricket in this stuff (https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/repashy-super-foods-calcium-plus-supplement).
  • Watering - I mist him until all leaves have droplets on them. I do this as soon as I wake up (9 PM), when I get back from my college classes, (2 PM) at supper time (7 PM), and after I turn his lights off at night when I go to bed. (Around 10 Pm). I will
  • Fecal Description – Not tested; I’ve only had him since Saturday, but from what I saw and what I read on the Poop 101 forum post on here, it seems normal.
  • History – He is wobbly and I assumed that’s because of the poor conditions he was in at Petsmart.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type – Glass terrarium with ventilation (18”L X 18”W X 24”H). I am planning on purchasing a bigger cage asap. This was just the largest I could get for him at the time, sadly.
  • Lighting – His light turns on at 10:00 AM and goes off at 10:00 PM. He has a 60-watt daytime blue heat lamp and a 13-watt tropical UVB lamp.
  • Temperature – Temperature usually stays close to 80 F in the terrarium.
  • Humidity - Around 50% in the house and 60-80% after misting sessions.
  • Plants – Currently have vines and ferns along with a bamboo stick and a large branch thingy(???) The vine and fern are fake, but he has a large live vine and a live ficus tree coming in soon.
  • Placement – In my room; not near any fans or vents. A little over a foot from my ceiling and set on top of my dresser.
  • Location – Mississippi

Attachments

• 6E1A86BA-C63C-496E-9468-58E578A4C89D.jpeg
    6E1A86BA-C63C-496E-9468-58E578A4C89D.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DC199D16-FEBE-4F57-9224-B56BC6DA5212.jpeg
    DC199D16-FEBE-4F57-9224-B56BC6DA5212.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 213
  • BD8E41BD-A865-4AAB-A07F-1B2051BBB1C5.jpeg
    BD8E41BD-A865-4AAB-A07F-1B2051BBB1C5.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 35E18C80-B554-4368-BBD3-8FFB4C4126E9.jpeg
    35E18C80-B554-4368-BBD3-8FFB4C4126E9.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 167
  • B281EDBA-1BA3-46EA-B2EF-A3BF841EA097.jpeg
    B281EDBA-1BA3-46EA-B2EF-A3BF841EA097.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 188
Hi! I am new to owning a chameleon and you might have seen a few of my post on here in the past few days!
I got Pascal on February 18th of this month and I am still learning about his habits and personality.
I would love for some advice and for some questions to be answered!
My cham came from Petsmartand the lady told me she was feeding him 2-3 small crickets a day (???)
She had no idea how old he is so if anyone could help me figure out his age, please do!
I would also love to make sure that he is a male. Although, I am 95% sure that he is!
I noticed that he is also wobbling. He was doing this the first day I got him, so I assume that it has to do with the conditions he was on before.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon – His name is Pascal! I believe he is a male veiled chameleon. Maybe 1-2 months old? 2-3? I’m not sure the lady didn’t tell me and I am still learning about these animals. ;;
  • Handling – I got him on February 18 of this month and I’ve been trying to let him adapt to his cage mostly so I haven’t handled him as much. Maybe only a couple of times. When I do hold him, I move slow and hold my hand out flat for him to walk on.
  • Feeding - I feed him small crickets, but I also have small superworms for him to eat. I feed him 10 crickets a day. I’ve given him a superworm before, but he usually doesn’t care too much for them. I really need to know his age so I can know more about how much to feed and so on. The lady was feeding him 2-3 crickets a day and she only did this in the morning from what she told me which I don’t believe is right for him and might have to do with why he is so wobbly?
  • Supplements – I coat every cricket in this stuff (https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/repashy-super-foods-calcium-plus-supplement).
  • Watering - I mist him until all leaves have droplets on them. I do this as soon as I wake up (9 PM), when I get back from my college classes, (2 PM) at supper time (7 PM), and after I turn his lights off at night when I go to bed. (Around 10 Pm). I will
  • Fecal Description – Not tested; I’ve only had him since Saturday, but from what I saw and what I read on the Poop 101 forum post on here, it seems normal.
  • History – He is wobbly and I assumed that’s because of the poor conditions he was in at Petsmart.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type – Glass terrarium with ventilation (18”L X 18”W X 24”H). I am planning on purchasing a bigger cage asap. This was just the largest I could get for him at the time, sadly.
  • Lighting – His light turns on at 10:00 AM and goes off at 10:00 PM. He has a 60-watt daytime blue heat lamp and a 13-watt tropical UVB lamp.
  • Humidity - Around 50% in the house and 60-80% after misting sessions.
  • Plants – Currently have vines and ferns along with a bamboo stick and a large branch thingy(???) The vine and fern are fake, but he has a large live vine and a live ficus tree coming in soon.
  • Placement – In my room; not near any fans or vents. A little over a foot from my ceiling and set on top of my dresser.
  • Location – Mississippi
Welcome @hiddenflaws pascal is looking great . You could add a few other feeders if you like . If you have access some you may need to order . Silks , roaches , Bsf are all great staples . Treats horns worms and super’s .

when you say he shakes is it a tremor or is it kind of a back-and-forth motion ??

Welcome @hiddenflaws pascal is looking great . You could add a few other feeders if you like . If you have access some you may need to order . Silks , roaches , Bsf are all great staples . Treats horns worms and super’s .

when you say he shakes is it a tremor or is it kind of a back-and-forth motion ??

He kind of wobbles side to side. I've notice him do it several times. It's usally when he stops walking

I put the info I’m comfortable with in bold.
Chameleon Info:

• Supplements – I coat every cricket in this stuff (https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/repashy-super-foods-calcium-plus-supplement). You need a supplement with vitamin D3 for LIGHT dusting everyday. One multivitamin for 2 times a month, and one with D3 2 times a month.

Cage Info:
  • Lighting – His light turns on at 10:00 AM and goes off at 10:00 PM. He has a 60-watt daytime blue heat lamp and a 13-watt tropical UVB lamp. I recommend an incandescent house held bulb, and a T5HO linear bulb.
  • Humidity - Around 50% in the house and 60-80% after misting sessions. It can get down to around 20% try to have it around 100% at night. Coffers are great for this.
  • Location – Mississippi

Back
Top Bottom