Help ASAP

baggedd5087

My little guy hasnt ate in 3 days i cant get him to drink his eyes are kinda sunken in and he is barely moving at all and he is kinda opening his mouth every once in awhile

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 all screen
Lighting - Repti-Glo 5.0 18" tube, 40 watt household bulb with silver dome, 14 hours on, 10 off
Temperature - 84 F @ Basking Spot, 72 at bottom of cage
Humidity - it ranges from 55 to 75 using humidifier
Plants - Pothos, Corn plant, Schefflera Arboricola
Placement - In My Room thats quiet with no air drafts
Location - Grand Junction Colorado in the dry desert

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Veiled 3 months old
Handling - Once a day for a few seconds
Feeding - Gut loaded 1/4" crickets with carrots, apples , about 10 a day. one mini super worm a week
Supplements - Rep-Cal Herpitive once a month, Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 twice a month, Zoo-Med Reptitive 6 times a week
Watering - Mist 2 times a day for about a minute, Little dripper dripping all the time, i see him drinking alot
Fecal Description - Dark with white runny urate with white fluid, never been tested for parasites
History - Got Him From FLChams a month and a half ago
Current Problem - His eyes have been closed all day

your giving reptivite 6 times a week? reptivite has d3 in it. you could be giving him too much d3. you should be giving calcium WITHOUT d3 6 times a week. and vitamins and calcium with d3 about once or twice a month.

your giving reptivite 6 times a week? reptivite has d3 in it. you could be giving him too much d3. you should be giving calcium WITHOUT d3 6 times a week. and vitamins and calcium with d3 about once or twice a month.

Hes also giving WAAAAAY to much vitamin A.

Use calcium without D3 6 times a week.

1129091427.jpg

This is the reptivite without D3 that im using

thats another thing. they need more calcium than they do vitamins. they should be getting MOST of their vitamins from properly gutloaded insects. and SUPPLIMENTED about twice a month. calcium without d3 daily. SUPPLIMENTS once or twice a month. your over dosing your cham with vitamins

heres what i do...
calcium without d3 6 days out of the week and i suppliment on sundays. so every other sunday its either calcium with d3 or reptivite. how is your cham now? still not eating? can it drink?

I got him to eat a small waxworm. and i got a syringe and when he hisses at it i stick it in his mouth and get a little water in him and i can tell it makes him feel better now he is hanging upside down on the top of his cage under his basking lamp. and he is green im wondering if there was too much stress from thanksgiving

lot of people in his area? keep him hydrated/fed and watch the suppliments. hope he does better.

Yes i showed him to all my family from denver so maybe he is just super stressed and last night i heard him moving around alot so maybe he is just tired today

I really don't think giving your cham too many supliments is the problem, many Sponsored breeders on here use d3 EVERYDAY. You might wanna set-up a vet app. asap to get an accurate diagnosis/treatment. It is usually well under $100 for the appointment and the meds in my area. Sorry I couldn't answer your question myself...

I really don't think giving your cham too many supliments is the problem, many Sponsored breeders on here use d3 EVERYDAY. You might wanna set-up a vet app. asap to get an accurate diagnosis/treatment. It is usually well under $100 for the appointment and the meds in my area. Sorry I couldn't answer your question myself...

O its ok the only herp vet in my area is at least 4 hours away. :( Idk what to do maybe he just needs rest

Wow-I would like to know the sponsored breeders using D3 daily. I can name many of them that do not.

He started doing this today he only does it when he drinks and when i fed him a waxworm it took him about 20 minutes to eat the whole thing

Vert.jpg

DO you have a few better pics of him and his setup? What are you measuring temps with?

My digital camera just stopped working today but here is some of my enclosure. My temps are 80 f at his basking spot the bottom of the cage is 72 f and his body is 81 f im using a welders temp gun and digital thermometer
DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2184.jpg

DSCN2186.jpg

Cage looks good. Give Reptivite 2-3X monthly at this age. You need to get a good calcium no D3 to use 5-6 times weekly. No sure that is what is causing your problem today.

When you look into his mouth, do you see any bubbles? Does he look like he is having a hard time breathing?

How often do you clean your humidifier. Those things get nasty dirty fast and are a culprit of causing URI. I would up his temps to 90 and get into a Vet tomorrow.

Cage looks good. Give Reptivite 2-3X monthly at this age. You need to get a good calcium no D3 to use 5-6 times weekly. No sure that is what is causing your problem today.

When you look into his mouth, do you see any bubbles? Does he look like he is having a hard time breathing?

How often do you clean your humidifier. Those things get nasty dirty fast and are a culprit of causing URI. I would up his temps to 90 and get into a Vet tomorrow.

This is my dusting sched. it works well for me too BUT I really don't think this is whats causing your problem.

I clean it about every 3 months, i dont see any bubbles i dont think he is having a hard time breathing. everyone on here says 80 F is good for his basking spot, and the only problem is the only herp vet in my area is 4 hours away and i have school tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom