HELP asap

latshki

well it is my fault but my veiled ran away today
I had him in his tree and I had a few other animals out when my neighbor comes out I go ove r talk for 5 minutes at the most come back and no more chameleon so we search, figure hes under the deck so pull up a bunch of boards, no cham then another hour of searching when I see him at the base of the 50ft maple in the yard I ran over climb about 15 feet and have him by the tail when he manages to break free and continues to go up

we spotted him a few times and almost had him down but we havnt seen him for about an hour
we are worried about crows as when he was running up the tree one almost got him but a rock changed the crows mind
we also put is food dish on a branch hoping he goes to it and eats the mealies but I think the ants will fill him

so I need help Im not sure what to do we can't find him its a big tree hes a chameleon for goodness sake
WHAT DO i DO :(:(:(

If your guy is an adult, borrowing a female and presenting her to him should work.

You can also try a big fat hornworm.

Other than that. Get yourself a ladder and a rope. Your going climbing.

Socalison had this very same thing happen. He then was told to put his female veiled out there in a cage and he did and his veiled was back by the end of the day trying to get to the female! If you have a girl, try it....

I agree with donde... This happened to us too a while back. He came down for the female, once we were out of sight!

Good Luck!

well i have no idea where to get a female and no pet shops have any I just checked

would he go back in his cage tonight if I have the heat there
when ever I take him back in from outside he is usually VERY eager to be back in his cage

<<< would he go back in his cage tonight if I have the heat there? >>>

I doubt it, but you can try... Try everything! But they can travel pretty far, pretty quickly, so keep your eyes open for him. Are there other trees he can get to? We had a Panther get out of his outdoor enclosure, and within 2 hours he was found 5 blocks away on someone's roof!

If you were in my area, I'd bring one of my females over...

I hope you find him!

there are no there trees and its kind of told out now that the clouds are coming in the only thing Im worried about are birds, cold and if he used the telephone wire as a highway

me and my brother were in that tree for 3 hours and my father was in the ladder I am coming here because I dont know what to do
he is at the very top and anything halfway can't support a persons weight

Try putting a feeder cup in the lower branches and continuelly water the lower branches to entice him down. That is how I finally got mine to come down to where I could finally see him. Good luck. Oh, and prayer helps too - I did alot of that until I found him!!!!!

Spray the lower branches with a hose (lightly) to try and entice him to drinkon the lower branches. If it's nighttime or close to it, check the end of branches he's probably hunkered down for the night.

It is supposed to be easier to see them at night with a flash light since there colors inhance while sleeping.....

I FOUND HIM! well he found me
I have spent the past two days home from school looking for him with not a single sighting since we lost him
but as I came off of the bus after exams I looked around with no hope as we had thought the crows had gotten him as they are every where when I look at the cage and there he is on the door all brightly colored and stunning looking

so I think he just wanted a little vacation to get some nice colors and munch on ants

so thank you all for your advice and I am going to get him a cage just for outside so I wont have to worry!

That's brilliant news! I bet you are so relieved to have him back! An outdoor cage might be a good idea to prevent him from taking another wander!:D

Back
Top Bottom