He is dying.

It's a pain in the butt to clean and not all chams take to it. Dripper system is cheaper and better for them. And hand misting. To get a better hand mister you can go to Home depot and buy one of those hand pump misters they use for weed killer but they have empty ones that have never had weed killer in it. I use one of those right now for my boys outside then during cold seasons bring my boys inside and they get my mistking. I plan to build a 24/7 outside enclosure for all year round use. Just will be a lot of work.
Agreed that what we use as well . We have a climist but hand mist when we are home . The babies we never used a mister on .

How is he looking? Might just want to try dripping it on his nose or offer some crickets to him with the vits on them.
Lemme check on him. He was looking great 30 mins ago because I opened up the cage to mist, and he was shades of green and blue, and was back to his hissy, sassy self again, and he was climbing all around.

Lemme check on him. He was looking great 30 mins ago because I opened up the cage to mist, and he was shades of green and blue, and was back to his hissy, sassy self again, and he was climbing all around.
Out side living will do Maverick a world of good . I’m so happy he’s better . Please post pics if you can .

Last edited:
Out side living will do Maverick a world of good . I’m so happy he’s better . Please post pics of you can .
I just gave him another shower and he seems to be doing fine. But, in Florida it is sometimes dry, and sometimes humid. Like right now the humidity is 30 and yesterday it was 70. Is that ok that it is always changing?

Honestly veileds adjust much better than you'd think. You have wild populations of veileds there that have escaped that are thriving. They are an invasive species now. I have Jackson's where I'm from. Just mist him heavily. Remember set a timer for 2 minutes every misting. Outside draining buckets don't matter

I just gave him another shower and he seems to be doing fine. But, in Florida it is sometimes dry, and sometimes humid. Like right now the humidity is 30 and yesterday it was 70. Is that ok that it is always changing?
You will need to check daily . Then provide or not daily . Were you able to get a temperature and humidity gauge ? You can pick up at any hardware store .

Lots of Florida keepers build outdoor condos and keep them out . Let’s see if we can get @jannb to post her out door condos ? If not you can go to her thread and take a look .

7C7296C0-F75C-4B7E-BAC2-CDC2B5D843C5.jpeg
D86A803C-9F53-4E11-B010-27AD042F4D35.jpeg
86A96732-FC44-413D-84A6-AD03B75908B5.jpeg
0CB7A13D-D357-4278-B458-2AD6AF0A55C1.jpeg
B24ECDD5-6AE3-4941-906C-738780A44670.jpeg
501A2542-42A2-4400-8D3A-BB4CDE5D4CB9.jpeg
AE126856-2B49-42AF-B227-8C8F8A7D9D22.jpeg

Yes, I’d be very worried.
Yes definitely make sure it’s good and stable , tent stakes work well and then you can tie it down . When will your dad start the new condo?
I am not sure. He doesn't live with me, so whenever he gets a day offa guess. And I messed up the dripper and made too big of a hole. So I have to make a new one, and my dad won't let me drill holes in the cage. for drainage. And I have nothing to tie it down with right now. And can I take out the carpets so they don't collects so much water?

Add a hefty stone or two to the bottom of the cage to keep it stable. Should help. And yes remove the carpets. With those gone don't worry about drainage too much outside.

Back
Top Bottom