He is dying.

@veiledmav are you giving him water straight from your tap? Or are you giving him distilled water? Sorry I'm not sure if you already answered this prior.
@Brodybreaux25 @Kristen Wilkins a lot of Florida homes run on well water. If OP is using his tap / well water, could this be causing some of his issues?
I use tap water, but I put in drops of reptisafe water condidtioner.

As much as I love Maverick and don't want to re home him, if my parents can't provide te money for what he needs, then it will be the best option.

Will they allow you to give him up ? I know love it’s super hard . We fall in love with them . They wrap those little grabby feet right around our heart. With that said he has needs that might be better provided by someone whom have vet options and can upgrade his living quarters . Please please do not take that in a negative sense your doing a wonderful job for what you are provided with .

Outside lighting will be the best adjustment for linear and compact. In my opinion a good compact can be used he will just need lots of extra foliage on top to protect his eyes as he will stay in the uvb rays a lot. So I say on the best days at least try to get 2-4 rays of natural sun when you can. I mean unless he's unable to get sun for prolonged periods of time a day without uvb isn't bad if he can get 4+ hours a day most of the week of natural sun.
I have to wait until my dad builds me a bigger cage to put in foliage because he cage is sized for a baby because my dad didn't know that he was going to be big.

Will they allow you to give him up ? I know love it’s super hard . We fall in love with them . They wrap those little grabby feet right around our heart. With that said he has needs that might be better provided by someone whom have vet options and can upgrade his living quarters . Please please do not take that in a negative sense your doing a wonderful job for what you are provided with .
My dad told me that he would build a better cage for him that is bigger, and I am getting him a dripper, I am feeding the crickets carrots instead of the orange cubes from the pet store, and I have a plant all ready for him when he gets better cage. The only problem is that if he ever needs to go to the vet, my parents can't afford that. I am going to try a lot harder to give him a better life, but if I still can't do that then he will go to a home that can.

My dad told me that he would build a better cage for him that is bigger, and I am getting him a dripper, I am feeding the crickets carrots instead of the orange cubes from the pet store, and I have a plant all ready for him when he gets better cage. The only problem is that if he ever needs to go to the vet, my parents can't afford that. I am going to try a lot harder to give him a better life, but if I still can't do that then he will go to a home that can.
Your doing a great job making the changes he needs , Well done .

No you would not need heat or uvb lamp as long as it doesn't drop below 50 at night and he can bask in 70 minimum during the day.

I keep both my boys out 24/7 right now even during the rain except if it's super hard rain like right now

yes, I have the perfect spot for him. Would I still need the heat lamp and the uvb?

If Maverick can get 4+ Hours of national light no uvb . If you’re having a stormy day and you’re bringing him in then you want to use it And or if he’s not getting 4+ hours . Temps you would have to check daily . He needs a basking of 85 ish but needs to be able to move about to cool off if need be .

I keep both my boys out 24/7 right now even during the rain except if it's super hard rain like right now

My dad sent me that and wants to know if it is an appropriate source for water

It's a pain in the butt to clean and not all chams take to it. Dripper system is cheaper and better for them. And hand misting. To get a better hand mister you can go to Home depot and buy one of those hand pump misters they use for weed killer but they have empty ones that have never had weed killer in it. I use one of those right now for my boys outside then during cold seasons bring my boys inside and they get my mistking. I plan to build a 24/7 outside enclosure for all year round use. Just will be a lot of work.

It's a pain in the butt to clean and not all chams take to it. Dripper system is cheaper and better for them. And hand misting. To get a better hand mister you can go to Home depot and buy one of those hand pump misters they use for weed killer but they have empty ones that have never had weed killer in it. I use one of those right now for my boys outside then during cold seasons bring my boys inside and they get my mistking. I plan to build a 24/7 outside enclosure for all year round use. Just will be a lot of work.
[/Q
No fountains they end up as toilets and carry bacteria you do not want Maverick drinking . The little dropper is great for now till it comes you can make one .
Should I try to syringe water with the vitamins again, or no?

Back
Top Bottom