Hasnt gone number 2

Karma11

I have a male panther approx 14 months old, he hasnt been super healthy lately, as he is still on a round of antibiotics.

I ordered him silkies and horn worms the other week, which are obv larger than the usual cricket or superworm. Throughout this bout with whatever is making him ill (of course my vet couldnt tell me the problem, just how to fix him) he hasnt had an issue with going to the bathroom regularly.

However, he hasnt gone for maybe close to a week maybe a few days less and the bugs he has been eating are much larder than normal.

Im just freaked out being that pooing is a natural, necessary thing.

Anyone had similar experiences or maybe any ideas to get things moving along?

I have a male panther approx 14 months old, he hasnt been super healthy lately, as he is still on a round of antibiotics.

I ordered him silkies and horn worms the other week, which are obv larger than the usual cricket or superworm. Throughout this bout with whatever is making him ill (of course my vet couldnt tell me the problem, just how to fix him) he hasnt had an issue with going to the bathroom regularly.

However, he hasnt gone for maybe close to a week maybe a few days less and the bugs he has been eating are much larder than normal.

Im just freaked out being that pooing is a natural, necessary thing.

Anyone had similar experiences or maybe any ideas to get things moving along?

Keep hydrating and don't feed your cham that much. Skip feedings to every other day or so until you see poop. Do you have substrate or soil in your enclosure?

Keep in mind that if your cham isn't at its best, their bodily functions and appetite might be delayed. Keep an eye on him and I can't stress hydration enough. Are your temps around 90?

Hes getting older and things slow down as chams mature. How many feeders are you giving him? Usually hornworms are so full of moisture that they will help a constipated cham get things moving. Other than that as stated already try putting him in a warm shower. that will often stimulate them to go. Just make sure the water is a little warmer than room temp. not hot.

Success!!

Thanks for the advice, my temps are all good and I do shower him pretty occasionally, always seems to perk him up, plus it gives him a great opportunity to get as much water as he needs.

He pooped today, looked healthy...thank god!

thanks again!

Thats awsum! I know we all worry when things go abnormally and they are on meds. Sounds like you watch him closely and thats the most imp thing.

My male veiled just went 2 weeks without a poop. He's also very healthy and he drinks every time I mist. As already said, they do slow down when they become adults. My first female veiled only used to poop every week to 10 days. My new, year old female poops pretty much every day/every other day still. Like us, they are all different!:D

my male panther pooped for the first time in 2 weeks today. I used the bath method to make him poop. I put him in the bath with luke warm water just covering a bit of his stomach. He pooped after about 5 minutes. I did bring him to the vet about this problem and she thinks it might have something to do with a problem with his lower spine following an x-ray. It might be something to look out for. I'm still trying to confirm the problem (or if there is a problem). Just wanna say though I do recommend the bath method for a constipated cham. It was my first time using this method but I would spray him a lot first before I resort to that as it's a little stressfull for them!

Back
Top Bottom