Hand Feeding time!

Matt1851

Hey guys! Charlie just ate out of my hand for the first time today! :) i took him out just to see if he would eat because he looked kinda hungry but at the same time looked a biit lazy and didnt bother hunting for crickets so i put a wax worm in my hand and he ate it right away :)

Congrats... I love when Jasper eats out of my hand. He only eats supers but hey its still really cool!

That's great! I am hoping mine will hand feed at some point, but for the time being he's still being very shy. Maybe I'll try later this week when I get some silkies, he really loves those.

silkies

That's great! I am hoping mine will hand feed at some point, but for the time being he's still being very shy. Maybe I'll try later this week when I get some silkies, he really loves those.
hey ,i know this sounds stupid but will silk worms be good for my baby chameleon veiled
this is my first chameleon and im still learnin and i would like to get a more exotic diet for him:D
he was scared of the crik wen i got him and would'nt eat so i bought him wax worms and hes been eating them for about 2 months now and i would like to give him sumert different
so are silkies helthy for him or will they hurt him ?

silk worms are one of the better feeders for chams, low in fat and nutritious although you cant really gutload silkies. Wax worms are really high in fat and should only really be given occasionally for a treat. Butter worms are decent to give, high in calcium but a bit fatty make for a good treat. Ive heard hornworms are pretty good too but i cant get them where im from but would like to get some.

oh ya. As u said u r feeding a baby just make sure you get worms that are small enough. Rule of thumb is only give feeders that are no bigger than the space between their eyes. Good luck with the handfeeding. My carmie will almost always handfeed and its pretty cool.

oh ya. As u said u r feeding a baby just make sure you get worms that are small enough. Rule of thumb is only give feeders that are no bigger than the space between their eyes. Good luck with the handfeeding. My carmie will almost always handfeed and its pretty cool.

i see people say that so much but i ran out of crickets one day and gave my guy a superworm that was half the length of his body and he gulped that down and he eats the largest crickets sometimes if i get a big one or two in the bag when i buy them haha

Back
Top Bottom