Had to euthanize my buddy tonight... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
no but do you let your kids play in the street, do you not keep certain locks on your cabinets so that they dont get into the chlorine or other household chemicals, do you have some firearms in your home and keep them away or hidden from them. you do things or take precautions cause you are looking out for thier safety and security. I personally dont like rodents of any kind, nor have I ever kept one as a pet so im not sure how this guys rat was housed, either in an aquarium or some sort of wire cage/bird cage but it was something less than secure in order for his cham to be attacked thfough and mauled but its ok because he didnt take that into consideration so take that to heart and give him a pat on the head and a cookie to make him feel better.

But what I'm saying is that even though you do all those thing, accidents happen and there is no way anybody can account for every danger. If we could there wouldn't be children in the news about every day. He tried to provent this, and wasn't looking for people to give him sympathy or critize him. He was just sharing his story so others can learn with him.

ok so you knew there were changes to be made, changes that you knew were necessarty yet you didnt act on them or put enough thought into them. Ok I can understand that you had/have midterms and are busy studying trying to better yourself or your scholastic future, weve all been there. But can I assume after all that studying you still found time to put the books aside and maybe picked up your ps3 controller and blast some zombie's to pieces or (not knowing how old you are) either went out to the local bar and threw some back with some friends or even visited your girlfriend or boyfriend for some personnal time together. all that could have happened but we dont know if it did. Some where in there you hypothetically could have told your sister not to put the rat in the same room that your cam is freeranging in because you would like to have prevented any sort of accident. woulda coulda shoulda. we learn from our mistakes.

There is no boyfriend, I have no friends, and I haven't played video games since I was 9. I go to school, I go to work, and I come home and take care of the animals the best I am able. That's all.

m sorry but i have no idea what "fair dinkum" means so i cant properly respond to that

An exclamation of surprise and/or disbeleif. IN this case that you wont just let it go. Crikey mate, your an angry mob all by yourself , bad day?

we learn from our mistakes

All you had to say in the first place. Maybe you should find a bar and knock a few back?

You are forever known as Sledgehammer now!

ok so you knew there were changes to be made, changes that you knew were necessarty yet you didnt act on them or put enough thought into them. Ok I can understand that you had/have midterms and are busy studying trying to better yourself or your scholastic future, weve all been there. But can I assume after all that studying you still found time to put the books aside and maybe picked up your ps3 controller and blast some zombie's to pieces or (not knowing how old you are) either went out to the local bar and threw some back with some friends or even visited your girlfriend or boyfriend for some personnal time together. all that could have happened but we dont know if it did. Some where in there you hypothetically could have told your sister not to put the rat in the same room that your cam is freeranging in because you would like to have prevented any sort of accident. woulda coulda shoulda. we learn from our mistakes.

Where the heck did that paragraph of a sentence about boyfriends, alcohol and zombie video games come from? I mean, if you're going to be a sledgehammer (which you should stop doing in the first place) at least stay on topic and don't start rambling on about things the OP never mentioned doing/things that have nothing to do with the issue.

I mean, my dog could never jump up onto the barstools in the kitchen and get on the counter... until the day that he could, and got up there, and ate his weight in chocolate (he's fine now). Sounds like the OP wasn't even aware the rat had been put back in the room, but even if she had, we can't always predict things that haven't happened. Now, I make sure the dog can't get to chocolate. I'm sure from now on she'll make sure her chameleons can't crawl on the rat cage.

Lingling, I'm very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing in euthanizing him.

I really do be leave the Sledgehammer has proven a point...that he is HEARTLESS and an @$$!!!!!! Please Sledgehammer do us all a favor and DON"T reproduce!!!!

Wow Im so sorry.There just arent words for something so tragic.

Those little ratties can be very territorial, probably thought the big dinosaur was going trying to eat him.

I really do be leave the Sledgehammer has proven a point...that he is HEARTLESS and an @$$!!!!!! Please Sledgehammer do us all a favor and DON"T reproduce!!!!

And if you do, please keep you kids locked in the house so that nothing happens to them. Perhaps the house would even be too dangerous. Keep them in a closet - that way, accidents will be impossible. But I'm sure this is already your plan, right?

It is a good thing that Sledgehammer didn't tell all of us to drink purple koolaide. If he starts a cult stay away, someone should let him know That he is human just like the rest of us!

It is a good thing that Sledgehammer didn't tell all of us to drink purple koolaide. If he starts a cult stay away, someone should let him know That he is human just like the rest of us!

If you join his cult, you have to live in the closet too, so he can keep you safe and sound. ;)

Ling Ling glad that we as forum members, and inspite of one wet noodle, have been able to lighten your mood some. Very sorry for your loss sounds so hollow, as I know how awful this loss is for you and all that you went though on top of it. You sound like a very smart and counciencious lass, glad to be part of this forum with you.

"lass"? Are ye from Glasgow then laddie? :D

willie.gif

sorry for your loss!! But i think we all are gettin off topic I know javsto prob could have worded his opinion better but hes saying that neglegance shouldnt be rewarded with sympathy. Now I think ling did eveything she could except tell her sis not to put that rat back in the room which im sure they both regret. So lets not bash one another lets use this accident as a reminder on how to prevent one of our own!!

Actually my brother in-law is from There though, I have travelled there, and have live in many states and continents over the years.

It's nice to have people who understand the hurt of losing a reptile... it's no easier than losing a dog or other mammal. Thanks for the kindness. Most other people who heard about it thought it was "funny" how he died... why on earth would that be funny. Laughter of that kind was not what I needed, but you all have done a better job of lightening my mood a little more gently.

Lingling take this as an opportunity to learn. I do hope you continue your chameleon endeavors.

I am glad you brought this to the attention of the free-ranging community that accidents can and will happen and that it is perhaps not for beginners and should NOT be recommended to just anyone. That is what I am getting from this conversation that has been going back and forth anyway.

I think the point has been made here, let's not continue the name calling and what not, it does not make you any better than anyone else. It may even make you look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom