Gutload idea, orange juice?

I've seen on the forums that a lot of people use orange slices as part of their cricket gutload. Oranges can be rather expensive where I live, however 100% orange juice isn't compared to the amount you get. Do you guys think that if I put orange juice into my veggie mix it would be beneficial?
PS I changed my veggie mix daily so there would be no problems with mold (does OJ even mold?), etc.
Or I could even fill a little cup with OJ and then put a sponge in it. Would that work? Let me know your thoughts!

I would be concerned with the possibility of yeast growth and sticky crickets. LOL As long as the stuff doesn't sit too long it may be ok.

I use orange slices for my water source and have never had a problem. The orange is usually gone in a day

You could toss all of your veggies and a little of the orange juice in a blender to mix it all up. I don't use orange juice but oranges when I blend everything together and my bugs go to town on the slop :p

Assuming you buy a quality, organic brand, I don't see what the difference would be.

Here's an idea though - why don't you hydrate some water crystals in a bowl of orange juice? The water crystals refridgerate nicely and you can add some whenever you need too. It would essentialy take out the hassle of using a bowl of orange juice.

Assuming you buy a quality, organic brand, I don't see what the difference would be.

Here's an idea though - why don't you hydrate some water crystals in a bowl of orange juice? The water crystals refridgerate nicely and you can add some whenever you need too. It would essentialy take out the hassle of using a bowl of orange juice.
That sounds like a pretty good idea! I'll try to get my hands on some water crystals! Thanks for the suggestion.

And thank you for all of your input to everyone else.

Question about juice..

With that being said about the water crystals soaked in oj what about other 100 % organic juices such as blueberry, strawberry, apple, etc. Just a thought.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom